Purgatory

After the spirit of death had taken her away from the river, Eira was put into a dark world. A world in which darkness only existed, red was a burning sensation, flames bled through every crack, and a nightmare that only could be experienced in a dream, with monsters around every corner. It was another realm. Her eyes had been shut for a while from her unjust murder. It was like she was in nothing but an eternal sleep. But she couldn't sleep for too much longer. Eira would have to awaken and face her deadly truth, she was in purgatory. As she was laying on the ground, loud shouts could be heard all around her. It was frightening to say the least. It all felt like a broken dream, and she had to awaken. So she did. Eira had opened her eyes. Her big blue beautiful eyes had awakened to find herself laying on red dirt. The dress she had on was stripped off, and she could see the wound she had in her stomach. Her skin was very lifeless, grey with no light in it. She felt very cold, but how could she be cold if she was surrounded by flames?

Eira had thought she survived and found her kingdom destroyed. She was afraid, and heartbroken. But it wasn't the remains of her kingdom. She rose up from the ground to find answers. Yet she was only given more questions. She couldn't stand for too long. Sweet Eira fell onto her knees and started to crawl to find an escape. This can't be real. She thought to herself. What is this alternate? What has happened to my beautiful kingdom? This can't be the truth! I have to find my way back, and kill the flame king. And she tried. She crawled on her hands and knees till she could find a hollow placement. But she couldn't find one. All of the hollow placements had flames that burned her alive. Her pale skin had begun getting marks on it. She shivered at the sight. Wicked laughter could be heard all around. Her face dropped dead. Deep beneath the sand around her, lie lifeless creatures. Creatures with veils all around them. Hiding their inhuman bodies and faces from the poor souls trapped here. They arose from the grounds around her and started to grab a hold. "Fresh meat!" They yelled. "Fresh meat! Fresh meat! FRESH MEAT!" They all spoke in an inhuman language but she could understand all that was spoken.

Poor sweet Eira. She whispered an unspoken prayer in her mind for this truth to be finished and not be real. She crawled back, and continued to pray. But she was only given the word "Wait." as her answer. The creatures, the wicked creatures, they came after her and grabbed her by the white of her hair. Each of them dragged her along the ground and started punching her body. Eira was forced to stand on her own two feet. It was hard as bruises began to cover her skin. She was completely naked and vulnerable. All she could do was try and fight back, but she was weakened. They would grab her and claw through her skin, punch her face, throw her on the ground and whip her into ruins. Flames spit beneath her legs and she is burned. They bash her skin open and she bleeds so close to another death. But she cannot die again. It's not allowed!

Once all is spoken and said and done, they throw her back into the ground. Eira can hardly move. But they're not even done. More claws arise from the ground and start ripping through her skin. Blood gushed onto their fingers. And they started bashing at her head, cutting her eyelids to where only blood could be in her sight, and cut an X into her forehead. Making it known she was worthless. They shove her deep into the dirt. Eira tries to stand on her own and face these monsters. But it's so hard for her, she feels death all over again. And so they grab her by her limbs and pull her back and forth and back again. Cutting and beating her so much more. They chain her, iron chains. Burning her skin. Eira lets out a somber scream from all the agony she is in. And so they all part out of the way. But it's not done.

Suddenly, a faceless creature stands before the princess. She wipes the blood off of her eyes to see. Only known as the inflamed monster, a cloaked figure stood and stared at the new soul that was gifted into the realm. The cloak was burning. And she was afraid of what was gonna happen. Sweet Eira... He grabs her by the chains and drags her among the dirt. All the creatures that had beaten her so badly follow, and she is hung by her arms and legs for all to see. Poor Eira lets out a cry, for she has realized she was a martyr for this wicked realm. The inflamed monster speaks to all, and all laugh at her horrible pain. She was to become one of them after all the pain and torture that was granted all around. Blood filled her eyes once more as the monster grabbed her from where she was hanging. He wraps her around in her chains and drags her once again. Eira weeps. Her cheeks are stained with blood. She is very afraid. How could this be? Eira is thrown into an iron cage and knocked out cold. Is this where she was meant to be for all of eternity? She didn't know.

Even after all she had been through, Eira had never experienced something like this. She wasn't alive anymore. She was just a chained and wounded soul.
Blood ran out through Eira's wounds and into the ground. It filled into a muddy puddle. How could this be? Eira had become a martyr for all to see.