Death's Opus

The Raven stared down everyone once she rose from the chains that held her bound for so long. Everyone had become afraid. The ground had broken beneath her as her eyes glowed a pitch white. So many grew afraid of her and bowed before her. But the others who saw her standing before them, they shouted "You died! We all saw you die! How are you still here?!" At her as she stared into their soul. Viking had silently cried staring at his wife as she finally proved him right. She would survive the execution she was given. The Raven quietly stared at all who feared her and those who bowed before her. They knew she was more than she was once before. But the soldiers aimed at her to cease the fight.
Eventually she spoke one word to them: "Fall." And she caused them to fall on their knees. They looked at her and questioned what she was. "surely you are not what you showed yourself to be? Who are you? How did you not die?!" The Raven just stared into all of their souls. Seeing all of their sins in their eyes. They all remained silent and feared her. But eventually, she spoke.

"I am the queen of Death. I have been reborn as something much more powerful than any of you in here. My death was very much exaggerated. Lenore, Lenore. I am The Raven. Foreshadowed, only once told. The blood of the lost to guide back home. I have become the very thing many people have feared. And the thing many have run away from. I am the bitter truth people hate to see. I am the one that everyone flees in the end, but nothing can escape it. I am everything. Everything is me. Be not afraid, I am reformed."

Everyone that saw The Raven had become stronger than anyone had ever known. But still they tried to fight her. Viking had seen them rushing to her to kill, and he had run to her aid. Beating them all. But she simply commanded them to cease. Still many came and wouldn't back down to her defenses. So the Viking and The Raven had teamed up to attack the beings and kill them. Viking would beat them to shreds, The Raven would finish and erase them from existence. Sending them to the lake of fire. Many tried stabbing, many tried slapping, many tried to kill, and punch, but they couldn't erase them. They just kept going and going till every one of them was down. And the kingdom slowly began to fall apart by the second. So much blood was lost. So many people have died. But they wouldn't stop till all of them were gone.
But the time had come for her to fly away. She didn't want to leave without her Viking however. The Raven wanted him by her side for eternity.

"My darling. I cannot stay in this world any longer. I am become death. So I must flee this hellhole. And you cannot remain here and survive for all eternity."

"I don't want to be without you. I can't be without you. I've known this world for so long. How can I ever flee it?"

"Take my hand. You are me, I am you. We are one. For I am not to be without you. Be not afraid. Be not afraid. Be not afraid. You will be free with me."

"You want me to fly with you? And leave everything I knew behind?"

"Yes honey. I need you by my side. If I was to be without you, I'd surely succumb to pain. For you saved me from myself. You set me free from this monstrosity. Let me do the same for you, my Viking."

Viking was surprised by this stance. The two had been in love with each other since they met, and now he could be by her side for all eternity. But he was afraid of what would happen if he was to leave his father behind. Would the kingdom survive? It didn't matter because in an instant his father tried to come and kill him. The Raven knew The Horned King was to die, but not until the whole world collapsed. So it wasn't that time yet. But there was only one thing she could do to save Viking from dying in his hands. The two looked into each other's eyes, and accepted the fate they needed to have. Viking grabbed onto The Raven's back, and the two of them flew away from The Horned King. Flames were thrown but couldn't be sealed to their fate.
The Raven looked into her husband's eyes and lips. Her love for him grew even stronger than he ever knew.

"Hey babe, have you ever seen the moonlight before?"

"Huh?"

"The moon. Have you ever seen it?"

"No I haven't. Why?"

"Hold on tight."

The Raven and Viking flew out into the night sky, where all beauty could be held. Cries have shattered as the people from Purgatory had lost the woman they found in an iron cage to strength and perseverance. The truth could no longer be hidden on a sacred scroll. She had become death herself. A small petal of roses fell into their path. And his eyes lit up into the sight of a wonderful beauty like the moon. It was something he hasn't seen since he was a child and was taken from his mother and father.

"Oh how beautiful! I can't believe what I am seeing!"

"It's here for us two! We are guided by the light of the shadows. Hold onto the beauty and grace of the light and love! You are safe from the burden of the broken world my angel!"

"I wish to see more!"

"Hang on!"

The Raven had turned herself upside down to show Viking the beauty of the ocean. The moon and stars had reflected onto it all. His eyes grew wide from the wonderful site and he began to cry. He hasn't seen all the beauty of the world in so long. The Raven had seen this and decided to take him close to the stars. They flew up and up so high they were far from the earth.

"Touch the stars! Feel the light!"

And so he did. The joy was so overwhelming, tears fell into the droplets of the sky. Speaking of which, she had taken him through the clouds of the sky and felt the water through their skin. The grace of the feeling was so bounding, he had the biggest smile she ever saw. It was so beautiful to her.
The two of them gave each other deep Eskimo kisses and flew into the earth once more. Laying onto a cliff where he could see all of what he missed as a child.

The Raven and Viking fell asleep in each other's arms watching the beautiful sky. They had fallen in love even more.