Chapter 2 | Meeting New People

---The Next Morning---

Woken by the blaring alarm! I turn over, pulling the covers high above my head. Pretending not to hear the screaming bell of the alarm clock. Seconds tick by, it doesn't go quiet. I don't get out of bed. I grab my pillow pressing it over top an ear, the other pressed against the bed. The sounds muffled, but not gone. Finally, I cave in, turning over, slamming a hand atop the alarm clock at an odd angle which knocked it off the nightstand. Outside the window! Trumpets play the Azur Lane Naval anthem as the Flag is raised on its pole! Rolling out of the bed, I fall onto the ground face first. Staring down into the floor. I grown out tiredly and without motivation. Knocking on the door as she passed, hearing the thud, knowing all too well what it was. "You probably shouldn't lay on the floor to long! You'll fall back to sleep!" USS Michigan (BB-27) spoke with this tone of cheer.

Muffled by the ground, I respond, moving off the ground. "Yes ma'am" Last night's sail, combined with such a long tour... Can't complain too much. I got to hang out with the flagship for a few hours! That's more than most time newer ships can say they've had with her. But DAMN am I still tired... I should have gone to bed earlier. I stand unto my feet, going about getting showered, dressed, teeth brushed, and making my hair. Looking in the mirror, as I fixed it. I took notice to just how out of hand, long, and thick my hair was beginning to get. I'd describe the literal volume of hair. Or well. Thickness! That of a wolves' winter coat! Yet to be shed. As for length, it looks like I was going for some wild man look. Hell, even had beard hair showing up! Now as much as I find beards to be cool! I simply feel that I look sharper without one! Maybe when I'm older I'll grow one out. I fix my hair as best I could. Shave, an decide then and there as I fitted into my heavy brown Bomber Jacket, covered with my markings as a CB, Eagle, warship "It's time for a haircut."

---Not Long Later---

Jogging across the cross walk. Waving with a face of thanks at the car who'd let me run across. I slow my pace back to a walk. Past the spinning barber pole! Walking into the shop, a bell attached to the entrance. It jingles with this soft and familiar sound. "Shoo. Business is booming this morning, isn't it?" Dunkerque comments pleasantly as she had her hair braided by Jean Bart. "That's a good thing, isn't it?" Richelieu cheers in a rather casual tone. Walking around a barber's chair. With a barber's gown over her shoulder. "I'll get you over here Hun" She announces as she stood behind the seat awaiting me. I approach, speaking as I took a seat, and she began raising the seat via a foot level pump, and wrapped the barber's gown around me so that hair wouldn't get all over my clothes. "I apologize for my hair; I've not had a chance to get it cut since I got out of commissioning school." I embarrassedly admit. Jean Bart and Dunkerque taking interest. Jean Bart spoke, whilst continuing to focus on braiding. "Really? Is it safe to assume you're a new ship?" "Sure am! Was azured a few months back. I want to say...  5 or 6 months ago" Finished pumping the seat up. Richelieu takes a barber's comb and scissors.

Beginning with combing my hair. "How do you want it cut? Trimmed? Thinned? Any styles in mind?" Richelieu asks, pleasantly curious of the plan here. "Uhhh, well... I'd say I've not been around enough to develop any particular taste. Tell you what! I've heard that the Iris Orthodoxy know their stuff when it comes to fashion trends. So, I'll leave it up to you. Just don't make me bald haha." I leave the decision up to her. She raises a hand to her mouth, giggling. "Right! Bald it is! Just kidding~ I'll see what I can do with it." She teases, getting to work on my messy hair. "So, stranger! What's your name?" Dunkerque asks, sitting in a barber chair beside the window, and beside me. Sounding healthily curious to learn about me. "OH! Where are my manners! Sorry should have introduced myself from the start! My names Alaska. Though command seems to call me the Alaskan Prince... But... I don't feel like I'd be fit of being a prince." That seemed to make everyone in the room somewhat entertained. Visually anyway.