Chapter 3 | The Summer Breeze!!!

Sorry about the pacing of the story lol I won't make a habit of it

If you can't tell already. I'm just having fun with the book! Still telling a story! Still keeping it at the quality and standards of recent stories! BUT! Having fun with it! :D

---That After Noon---

Staring with eyes of confusion and lack of animation and reflective color. I stare at my phone, walking into a convenient store, in search of just a cheap pair of swim trunks and a muscle shirt. (Sleeveless) Nelson's newly added number in my very short contacts list, clear and visible on my screen. Her words after I tried to, "RESPECTFULLY" Skirt around receiving a number nor giving my number back unto her when she gave hers to me after that incredibly long shopping spree. The look on her face, and that Tsundere tone. It replays in my head. "Huuuuh? You idiot! A woman's giving you her number and you can't even be bothered to take it!? What are you DAFF?! You should honored a woman like me shows any interest in keeping contact with you! AND you should be happy I'm giving you the time out of my day to earn you some proper social skills! And you know-" That turned into an HOUR-LONG RANT!!! About somehow! Her dragging me along all morning! HELPED ME LEARN SOCIAL SKILLS THAT I LACKED!? GIRLLLL! I SAID LIKE... 18 sentences to you!!!

Her text, sent after I left, was less

Her text, sent after I left, was less... How should I put it... That of an A HOLE. Was actually really nice in comparison to the majority of what she said to me our entire time together today. In I quote. "Thank you for accompanying me today. You were a blockheaded, but I'll forgive it. I'll be bringing you along again on my next spree if you're free." I choose my words very carefully. Being friendly as I could in my response. Before pocketing my phone sighing. The store clerk speaking as I passed her. "Someone giving you trouble?" A rather mature woman's voice spoke. I nod, reflection and color returns to my eyes. No longer oddly animated. "Yeahhh.... Just some girl I met this morning. We exchanged numbers, which I think may be a curse more than a blessing." I'm very vague, didn't want to trauma dump too much. "Girl drama. Say no more! I understand! So! What brings you here?" Rodney asks, as I stopped at the counter. My tone, friendly, and my look becoming so now. "Well, I was hoping I could find just a cheap pair of trunks and a muscle shirt?" Walking around the counter, and gesturing as she did so with a smile. "Oh! We've got some over here actually! Sorry about the messy organization of it all!"

 "Oh! We've got some over here actually! Sorry about the messy organization of it all!"