if i cant have you, i promise he will

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"you need to move on shub. U gota let him go" ishna said to shubman making his body pale and eyes wide in shock.

"W-what are you s-sayin" shubman asked in a cracked voice as both the boys got up from the bed. "Shubman listen-" ishan was cut off as he took steps near shubman and he backed away"-NOO!" Shubman shouted out, his body shivering and eyes watery.
Ishan came near his bestfriend and cuped his face and said "I know its hard shub but it's not the right time" shubman looked into ishans eyes with his puffy one's. "B-but he l-loves me back wdym its not the right t-time?!" shubman said "ik shubi but, ur currer will be destroyed and ppl r already suspicious of u two" ishan said in a firm tone "b-but" "shubman, u know our society very well. Atleast think about shaheen if not for yourself. He will be ruined"

shubman hit his back against the wall in defeat and slid himself down on the ground with his head in his hands crying silently not knowing what to do now. Ishan kneeled down infront of him lifting his face up with his index finger and shubman quickly wiped down his tears. "Hey i-ish guess what, its over before it even started" shubman said and let out a dry chuckle. Ishan had tears in his eyes seeing his bestfriend in this state. He suddenly pulled shubman into a tight hug without saying anything and shubman hugged him back even tighter. "It's not over shub...i promise" ishan said caressing his bestfriends back."just wait for him till u make something big of yourself shubi...after that no one can take him away from you" ishan said "i-i will try my best" Shubman replied.

After some times both of them were on the floor leaning against the wall staring at the ceiling. It was already night time and the only light sorce in the room were the city light coming from the wall size window. Both the boys were silent in the room. "Will he...wait for me?" Shubman asked in a low voice breaking the silence still looking at the ceiling "ofc he will shub" ishan replied almost in a whisper. He continued"if he loves you shub...he will wait for infinite" "and how exactly do you know that?" Shubman asked now looking at his bestfriend raising an eyebrow at him."Cause I did" ishan said making shubman's eyes widen as he backed away from the shorter male "w-what do you m-mean"

"ishan..." "ishan" "ishan!" "What!" ishan shouted coming back to his senses. "U just zoned out u idiot" shubman said "oh..." is all what ishan was able to say as shubman went back to again stare at the ceiling and so did ishan. Both the boys closed their eyes and just relaxed in peace beside each other.

After sometime shybman again broke the silence and said "Hey ishh.." "hmm" ishan replied with his eyes closed. Shubman placed his hand on ishan's and gave it a little squeeze with his eyes still closed before saying "thank you" and ishan opened his eyes hearing that but not looking at shubmna. "For what?" Ishan asked in a low voice now looking at shubman. Shubman looked at ishan feeling his bestfriends gaze on him. Both the boys were staring into each other eyes at that time.

"Thank you for..." Shubman continued after placing his head on ishan's shoulder and again closing his eyes "...always being there for me" he completed himself. Ishan had a blank expression on his face but shubman didn't see it, that's when he replied "u know i would have given u the world if i could?" "I know..." shubman replied with his eyes still closed."shubi....never be afraid to share ur problems with me, ok" "alright ishu"

Ishan just sit there for some time starting and caressing shubman's perfect face as he was already asleep. "Ur my world shubi and u deserve so much better, u dont deserve ppl like..." ishan was about to lean in to maybe peak shubman's lips. He wouldn't mind right?. But he stopped mid way looking at a peacefuly sleeping shubman with his hollow eyes that were still somehow full of emotions. He backed away as he continued "ppl like...me...ig" he completed himself as a single tear rolled down his cheek. "...Yeah, u deserve someone who aint afraid to love u shub.... u deserve someone like shaheen" Ishan said as he wiped that tear away before he rested his head on shubman's head and closed his eyes. "If I can't have you...I promise he will" Ishan said as he tried to drift off to sleep.

The room was filled with pin drop silence even though the most chaotic due was present there. The silence wasn't discomforting at all, it was comforting, it was soothing, it felt home. And then God knows when the older male also drift off to sleep and the two cricketers were sleeping in each other's embrace. Soon the room was filled with the voice of soft snores of two Indian boys.

It was probably the most peaceful sleep both the boys had in their entire life time. Shubman was very greatful for the bestfriend he have. To shubman ishan may not be his brother by blood but he definitely is by heart. Ishan on the other hand loved shubman to the core of his heart but shub ain't no brother to him.

Hey lovelies 😍 how r u all ? I hope everyone is doing great! Soo this is chapter 9 and I hope u all like it and guys sorry if its too short. I am soo sorry for the late update and I will try to update more often after my exams will be over✌️. Till than

Take care 🍂🍁