013

"WILL? WHATS GOING ON?"

"It's like... It's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling. See what he's seeing" Will told Mike and Delilah.

Will was pale and sweating loads, he looked unwell.

Mike traced the pictures of what Will was seeing that were put up all over the bedroom walls.

Delilah sat next to Will and tried her best to comfort him.

"Like in the Upside Down?" Mike asked.

"Some of him is there. But some of him is here, too. In this house and... in me" he told them. "It's like... It's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more.
And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel".

"And the more you see these now-memories" Delilah understood.

"At first I just felt it in the back of my head. I didn't even really know it was there. It's like when you have a dream and you can't remember it unless you think really hard. It was like that. But now I remember. I remember all the time".

"Maybe that's good" Mike tried "Just think about it, Will. You're like a spy now. A superspy. Spying on the shadow monster. If you know what he's
seeing and feeling..."

"maybe that's how we can stop him" Delilah agreed "Maybe all of this is happening for a reason".

"You really think so?" Will asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I really do" Mike nodded.

"What if he figures out we're spying on him? What if he spies back?" Will cried.

"He won't. We won't let him".

Delilah was woken up by Mike running into her room. He had shaken her awake and pulled her into her brothers room next door where he was sat on his bed, sweating and panting.

"I saw him" Will spoke.

"You saw who?" She asked him.

"Hopper. I think he's in trouble. I think he's going to die".

Will scribbled intensely on some paper with his crayons.

"This where you saw Hopper?" Joyce stuttered.

"I think so. Yeah" Will told her. Joyce put the paper on the wall with the others, it made a pattern but they couldn't exactly figure out what that pattern was. Delilah, Mike and Joyce followed the drawings around the house to see where the new one fit.

"Here!" Mike pointed at the missing piece.

"Okay, so... so Hopper is here?" Joyce asked.

"Yeah. Now we just need to find out where here is, right?" Mike agreed.

"Did he say anything? I mean, before he left?" The girl asked her mom.

"Uh, some... something about vines?" Joyce looked confused.

A car pulled up in the driveway and Joyce ran out hoping that Hopper would be there but it was only Bob.