032

"EVERYTHING WAS WAY EASIER WHEN WE HAD TWO GIRLS WITH SUPERPOWERS"

Everyone sat in Nancy's car, music played on the radio but Del kept on focusing on Every Breath You Take.

"Not to be a wimp,but can I sit in the car for this visit? Cause this is gonna totally and royally suck" Robin asked.

"It'll be fine" Nancy shook her head.

"I can't stand to see those dull eyes of Eddie's break again. I really, really can't" Robin resonated and Del agreed, it was scary to see Eddie like that.

"At least he can drink himself into feeling better" Steve held up the six pack.

"That's what my mom does" Max rolled her eyes.

"Why don't we give it a trial run? Hey, Eddie. Uh, good news first this time. We got you some Dustin-approved junk food and that six-pack you requested. Oh yeah, and we found Vecna. Bad news is that he's in that other, darker, much scarier dimension,
and the gate's closed, so we have no way of getting to him. He's entirely shut off to us, so basically you're screwed. And, no, I know you were already screwed,
but now you're doubly, triply screwed" Robin ranted.

"Wait. Maybe we don't put it like that" Lucas suggested.

"We're one step closer to finding Vecna. That's what we say. That's what's important" Nancy affirmed.

"See, Robin? Positive spin can make all the difference" Steve shrugged from the back where he was eating with Dustin.

"Oh shit" Nancy spoke as she saw the crowds of people outside Eddie's hiding place along with the cops.

"This way" Nancy guided them where they hid behind a van.

"As many of you know, the Roane County line received a call a little after midnight... reporting a homicide here on the lake" The cops spoke to the news reporters.

"Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an 18 year-old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney"

Lucas looked down at the ground upon hearing the familiar name, someone on his basketball team.

"We have also identified a person of interest. Eddie Munson"

"Oh Shit" Del spoke.

"This is not good. Really not good" Steve added.

At the perfect time, Eddie's voice came through on the walkie-talkie "Dustin,can you hear me? Wheeler? Byers?".

"Eddie. Holy shit" Dustin whispered.

"Are you okay?" Del asked.

"Nah, man. Pretty... Pretty goddamn far from okay" he sighed.

"Where is he?" Robin asked Dustin.

"Where are you?" Dustin asked Eddie.

"Skull Rock. Do you know it?" He asked.

"Uh, yeah. That's near Cornwallis and..." Dustin began.

"Garrett, yeah. I know where that is" Steve finished for him.

"Hold tight. We're coming. We're coming" Dustin told Eddie.