028

"WHO THE HELL IS VECNA?"

Delilah was supposed to fly over to California with Mike that morning but her headaches had been worse than usual, and her nose had been bleeding, so she arranged to fly over a day or two later when it had calmed down.

She didn't really know where else to go so she went to Max's house, she was the only person that truly understood.

Delilah woke up to Max gasping next to her.

"Shit. Are you okay?" She asked the girl.

"Yeah.. Yeah. Just nightmares" Max paused "You know how it is".

Del nodded sadly "Yeah, hey can i get some water, I need to take my pills for my head".

The two girls stood in the kitchen, when they heard police sirens and dogs barking in the distance. They looked outside to check it out.

"Looks like that Munson boy's up to no good again" Max's mom crossed her arms.

Delilah and Max shared a look before wandering off for a better view, they saw a body on the floor of Eddie's home.

A police officer tapped on Del's shoulder making her flinch "You can't be out here. Get back inside. Back inside".

"I think that was Chrissy Cunningham" Max told Delilah.

"Why would Chrissy Cunningham be in Eddie Munson's trailer?" Del asked.

"I saw them, yesterday. Before you came over" She explained, her face crumpled.

Max and Del knocked on Dustin's door and he looked extremely confused when he opened it to the two girls.

"Chrissy Cunningham? You're sure it was Chrissy?" Dustin paced.

"It did look like a cheerleader outfit" Delilah told him.

"Same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie" Max added.

"Did you tell all this to the cops?" He asked.

"No, but I... I can't be the only one who saw them together. They stood out" Max shrugged.

"Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader?" Dustin asked.

"Exactly. You know, his name's not in the news yet or anything, but I guarantee you Eddie is suspect one now" She continued.

"That's crazy. Eddie didn't do this. No way. No way" He shook his head. "You don't know him like I do, Max.  Okay? When we got to high school, Lucas made all his sports friends.  Mike and me?  I mean, no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie".

"Okay. Well, they said the same shit about Ted Bundy. Yeah, he's a super nice guy, but then he's murdering women on the weekend" Max frowned.

"So you're saying Eddie is like Ted Bundy?" Dustin asked her.

"We can't make assumptions" Delilah shrugged "I mean we all know weird shit happens in this town, he may be weird but that doesn't exactly make him a killer".

"But it doesn't look good for Eddie" Max nodded.

"Why haven't you told the cops this?" Dustin sighed.

"I... I don't know" Max stuttered.

"You don't know?" He asked her.

"After I saw Eddie and Chrissy go in the trailer... something else happened".

Max explained how she saw Eddie running into his van and driving away rapidly.

"Nothing that weird or anything. I mean...  Eddie always drives like a maniac,  and the power goes off
at my place all the time.  It's a piece of shit. But This morning, I started to think back, and... I don't know.
The look on his face.  He was scared, Dustin. Really scared.  Maybe he was scared because, he just
killed someone, or  maybe because..."