023

"BECAUSE I LOVE HER AND I CANT LOOSE HER"

The lights in the hospital flickered on and off, Mike pressed the button for the elevator but it didn't work "Stairs" he told them and they all ran to the stairs.

They ran into a room and El threw the door off its hinges to see Nancy on the floor, a monster hovering over her. It turned around and snarled at the group of kids in the doorway, it was unlike any of the things they had seen before.

"Jesus!" Mike panted.

"What the f..." Max couldn't even finish her sentence before El and Delilah slammed it against the wall, freeing Nancy.

Delilah threw it from one wall to another before slamming it down to the ground. It kept towards her but El threw it out of the window.

"Go. Run" Delilah warned everyone as Jonathan went to grab Nancy.

They ran out of the hospital to see that the monster had turned to a pile of mush on the floor. Everyone watched in disgust and curiosity as it fell down a drain.

El let the blood fall from her nose as the blindfold covered her eyes. Pictures of Heather and her family, Billy, Mrs Driscoll and most importantly to Delilah, Hallie, laid out in front of her.

"It can't be good for her to be in there for this long" Delilah worried in the next room. She laid on the couch, she was pretty exhausted from all the power she had to use in the past couple of days.

"Del, you should relax" Max smiled at her softly.

"No. Del's right. What if she gets brain damage or something?" Mike asked making the girl worry further.

"Oh, shit. Is that, like, a real thing?" Lucas asked.

"No, it's not. He made it up. Mike doesn't know what he's talking about. And he's scaring Del even more" Max argued.

"Oh, and you do?" Mike snapped back.

"No, I..." Max stopped.

Nancy spoke on the phone, trying to get answers but to no avail.

"Okay, can you guys settle an argument for us?" Max dragged Mike to Nancy and Jonathan "Who do you think should decide
El's limits? Mike or Eleven?".

"The way that you frame that is such bullshit" Mike scowled.

"It's not bullshit, Mike. This is your whole problem. And it's also precisely the reason why
Del dumped your ass, your a control freak" Max argued with him.

"Del dumped you?" Nancy asked in surprise.

"Yeah, because she is conspiring against me" Mike pointed at Max  "She's corrupting her".

"No, enlightening her. The fact is, she's not yours. She's her own person, fully capable of making her own decisions" Max shouted.

"Del's risking her life for no reason. Look at her, she's exhausted" Mike pointed to the girl on the couch.

"For no reason? Mike, the flayed are out there
doing God knows what" Nancy interrupted the boy.

"Killing, flaying..." Lucas added.

"Transforming into monsters"  Will agreed.