024

"I WOULDN'T LOOK IF I WERE YOU"

"Hallie was there and Billy too, he said he was building something. That it was all for me and Del" Eleven explained, her eyes were red from crying and she kept her hand tightly in Delilah's.

"Building something... Is he talking about the flayed?" Max asked.

"He must be" Nancy nodded.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought" Delilah looked at the ground in exhaustion, she just wanted things to be normal.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread" Mike told them.

"He's building it to stop Del and Eleven" Will shot his sister a look of worry.

"Last year, they closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off. And the Mind Flayer now knows that they're the only thing that can stop him" Mike explained "But if they're out of the way..."

"Game over" Lucas nodded.

"He also said.. he was gonna kill all of you" El told them all sadly.

"Yeah, well, that's nice" Max replied sarcastically.

What everyone thought were fireworks screeched outside but Nancy got up and looked out of the window "Do you guys hear that?".

"It's just the fireworks" Jonathan spoke softly.

"Billy... When he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy asked El who nodded slowly.

Will lifted his hand to his neck, making Delilah stare at him in worry. He looked up, fear covering his face "He knows we're here".

They ran outside Hoppers cabin to see the trees swaying, but not from the wind, from the monster that they had seen in the hospital. It was approaching them.

Nancy and Jonathan got weapons from the shed whilst Delilah, Mike, El, Max, Lucas and Will made work of bordering up the windows.

Nancy moved a couch up towards the door before picking up a gun and telling them all "Get away from the windows".

The lights flickered and the walls creaked.

"It's close" Will told them but nothing happened.

"Where'd it go?" Delilah asked him.

It was just as everyone was starting to feel like they could be safe, when the arm of the monster broke through the glass of the window and cornered El and Delilah up against the wall. Jonathan hit at it with an axe but it just pushed him back into the wall.

Nancy shot at it but again it seemed to do nothing but irritate the monster and it lunged for Nancy's face but stopped inches in-front of her.

Delilah held out her hand and pulled the monster away from Nancy. It's hand dropped off the arm making Delilah retract her hand in disgust it took this opportunity to snake its way back out of the window.

"Holy shit" Max spoke before another arm smashed through the window, going straight for Delilah's face. She held her hand out to stop it but another arm reached through the window.

She screamed, again snapping the hands off  but it came back and this time grabbed her by the ankle and dragged her away.

Mike reacted first, reaching for the girls hands and holding them tightly.  "Del" He shouted.

Max and Will joined in trying to pull Delilah out of the monsters grip and El tried using her powers to get it to loosen its grip but there wasn't much she could do.