Hurt Pt.I

Chris' POV

I walked in the studio in high spirits. Jisung was ready to come back to work! Finally, things would get back on track! It was about time! Changbin and Minho were already there, the latter looking like someone stole his cats. I admit, I was curious about his meeting with Hyunjin yesterday. Did that ferret talk to him? Maybe he confided in Minho. He was obviously under a lot of stress but did not share his troubles with any of us, unfortunately.

"Did you go to Hyunjin's yesterday?" I asked casually. Minho grunted. "How was he? Did you guys talk? He called me earlier and said he was going away for a few days. Did he mention that to you too? He said he'll be back by Sunday." Another grunt. I turned to look at him, confused by the lack of words.

"Minho? Has something happened between you two?"

"Ah... 'something' is an understatement." Changbin mumbled. I look at him in bewilderment while Minho hung his head. "What is going on?" "Hyung..." I did not like his tone. His entire demeanor screamed guilt. "Don't "hyung" me." My tone was serious. "I... I'm in love with him." He blurted out. I blinked, this is not what I expected to hear. My mouth fell open with surprise. "Since when?" I managed to ask. What is going on behind my back? No, scratch that. Right in front of me? "Since forever." Changbin intervened again. I swear, I am gonna punch that dwaekki at some point. I was looking back and forth between them in disbelief. No one cared to elaborate. So I gave up and sighed heavily. It looks like our group's entire dance line is K-drama material. I rolled my eyes, cursing under my breath.

So much for things getting better!

My phone rang. I looked at the caller ID, it was Felix. "Hey Lixie! ... How are you doing? ... When are you coming back? ... You are not? ... Oh!... When did you decide that? I thought you wanted to... Lix! You put me in an impossible position, mate! ... Why can't you tell him yourself? ... So, when are you coming back? ... Right..."

Sometimes, I feel like the whole universe is against me.

The other two looked at me expectantly. "Ok Lix. I'll tell the others." I hang up and turned to them reluctantly. "What did he say?" "Um... I'll have to go out for a while, I won't be long, I think..." "Hyung? Is everything alright?" I gave them a pained smile.

No, everything is definitely not alright.

***********************************************

I knocked on Hyunjin's apartment door. "Hyunjin, it's me Chris." The door opened. Hyunjin stood in front of me a little surprised. His lower lip looked bruised. I frowned perplexed. "Hi, hyung. I wasn't expecting you." He greeted me in a lighthearted tone I haven't heard from him in a while. He had a suitcase open in the middle of the living room floor, putting clothes and other stuff inside.

"Hyunjin?" "Mmm?" "Can we talk for a bit?" "Sure, you can talk. I'll just have to finish packing. I have to catch a flight to Sydney in two hours. He smiled at me.

Fuck!

"Felix just called me." "Oh? Is everything alright? Don't tell him I am going, I want to surprise him."

Great...

"He had some news he wanted to share with us." "What about?"

I wish there was another way...

"You remember Stella..." "Who?" "His childhood friend, back in Sydney?" He looked at me confused for a moment. "Oh, yes..." He was holding his camera, trying to put it in its case. "Apparently, they are together and they... they are expecting a child and they are..." A loud bang stopped me. I looked at the floor. Hyunjin had dropped the camera. "Jin?" He looked at it lying there at his feet, broken. He hands were shaking lightly. Moments passed in silence. I took a step closer. "Jin?" Whatever was going through his mind, he did not let it out. "A child?" He whispered blinking. "I guess I... I won't be going anywhere then..." He muttered turning to me and giving me a strained smile. "Please, pass him my warmest wishes. And now... if you'll excuse me, Chris. I need to... I need to be alone." He turned around and went into the bedroom closing the door behind him. "Jinnie..."