Epilogue

A/N: Not sure about this chapter. Please, read the note at the end. Thank you.

Changbin's POV

You're wondering what happened, aren't you? Well... After our 15th anniversary, we announced the discontinuation of our group activities. Chris had already decided to move back to Sydney permanently. He and his wife wanted their children to grow up in a less... conservative environment. I can't say I blame him. He, Jisung and I continue to work as music producers in both Seoul and Sydney. It's going pretty well. Jisung never got married, he is happily single as he always exclaims to anyone who tries to push him to date. I, on the other hand, have been married and divorced twice. Yeah... I have two beautiful children though and I am on very good terms with their mothers. Seungmin is still happily married with three kids. His solo carreer flourished. I am so proud of him! And our maknae, Jeongin, pursued an acting career, staring in action movies mostly. He is a very eligible bachelor and his name has being linked with many of his female co-stars and a few models. Nothing has ever been confirmed. The little fox doesn't even tell me who the lucky gal is!

I know what you really want to ask. It's about them, isn't it? Well, Minho and Hyunjin mutually decided to end their affair after our disbandment. Mind you, no one officially knew about them outside our group. Both wanted to let the other pursue his dreams unattached. Minho went to the U.S.where he became a very succesful choreographer. He has a daughter, a spitting image of him. He never got married. Hyunjin... Mmm, Hyunjin got married to the female idol he was always associated with, you know who I'm talking about. They have two children - twins - a boy and a girl. They got divorced not long ago, when she decided to come out as a lesbian, with the full support of her now ex-husband. They are all a big happy family, together with her partner. Hyunjin pursued his artistic dreams. He is a painter and a photographer. And of course he models from time to time for a few luxury brands. He often travels abroad, to the U.S. specifically, for his artistic endeavours and exhibitions. It is unclear if he and Minho rekindled their relationship, although they are often seen together. None of them is on speaking terms with Felix, unfortunately, since he 'accidentally' almost outed them at a fan-organized event for our group. While Hyunjin decided to let things go, Minho was not so forgiving. Especially if it is about something that affects Hyunjin negatively. They avoid each other. Which is not that difficult since Felix also moved back to Australia. He works as a model and a fashion editor but he is mainly occupied with humanitarian work. He and Stella got married after the birth of their third child.

And that's about it, I guess. Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans, they say.

*********************************************

Many years later, in the future.

Felix's POV

Without you...

Stella found a box I kept in my office. It's full of things from the past. Things I left buried. Things I thought I forgot. I wish...  Looking now at all these memorabilia of the group, of us, of you... It brings tears in my eyes. The thought of me being in this world without you longer than I have known you, hurts me, Hyunjin-ah... I miss you terribly! I want to see you again so much! But, it is impossible. An unattainable dream... Sometimes I just wish and hope that we can meet again in another life, in a world without judgment, bitterness or regret, without sorrow or pain, just pure love and joy. I hope that you and Minho can forgive me and we can all be together again, happy and carefree...

Anything for you Felix! Minho's face with that lopsided smirk appears before my eyes.

I will do whatever you want Yongbok-ah! Jinnie, my love...

How I lost both of you...

My eyes are clouded by the tears that keep flooding them. I feel a sharp pain in my chest that paralyzes me. Stella sits next to me, unsuspecting. I grab her hand. She looks at me worriedly. She speaks, perhaps asking me something. My vision is blurry but I can see her lips moving. I just can't hear her voice clearly anymore. My breathing comes out labored. I'm caught in a suffocating grip, my own body has trapped me. And yet, I can only think of you. 

Is it wrong of me, Hyunjin-ah? Am I ungrateful and wicked for having you on my mind, as my last conscious thought in this world? Nothing matters anymore, anyway. 

The agonizing pain of my broken heart, that I had been secretly carrying all this time, finally caught up with me. Everything around me fades rapidly as my breathing gets even more difficult. Everything except your beautiful face with that sweet smile you wore everytime you called my name...

As I take my last breath, I can only think of you. I am once again my 22 year old self, running down the beach after you, trying to catch you, just to hug you once more time, Hyunjin-ah...

Fade To Black...

Author's note: 

Sorry for that last part. It is a remnant of a much bleaker version of this story that I decided not to follow but, I couldn't resist posting this little bit. Thank you to everyone who followed and read this story to the end. I hope you enjoyed it, even if it leaves a bitter aftertaste.

Don't forget to vote if you liked it! Thank you, again! <3