Chapter7

Chapter7: A gloomy day

******

Soon they reached the place and parted their ways to the men's and women's changing room.

*

Itadori and Fushiguro were in the men's changing room, both of them getting ready to go to the baths. While Itadori was already pretty much done, Fushiguro was hanging onto the lower hem of his shirt, trying to find the courage to lift it up. This was one of the reasons he didn't want to come to a place like this. He was self-conscious infront of Itadori.

It's not like he was in bad shape by any means, but he was aware that he couldn't compare to what someone like Itadori or Todo had. He held his breath for a moment before quickly pulling his clothes off and covering himself with the large towel he'd bought from the place.

As they walked towards the water, Fushiguro felt his shame grow stronger and stronger. The moment where he would have to let go of that towel was getting closer and it felt like a nightmare was waiting for him just a few steps away. It was even worse knowing that Itadori was the one who would have to look at him.

He slides open the door to the springs, and turns on one of the showers to wash himself before he gets into the water, beside him stood Itadori washing himself as well. The room is dimly lit, steamy, with the gentle sound of running water the only noise in the room.

After shower the moment actually came, Itadori dropped his towel without second thoughts and dipped his toe in the water to test the temperature then slipped fully into the water.

Fushiguro's eyes drift down, tracing over Itadori's skin quickly, never staying in one place for too long as Itadori slowly lowers one leg into the water. His thighs, thick and soft-looking, flex as he descends into the pool.

Itadori could feel his whole body relax a little, arms floating in the sulfur-smelling water.

Fushiguro was taking time to join, so at first Itadori thought Fushiguro was just embarrassed to see Itadori naked, but then he sees it, his arm pressed gingerly against his side, he looked uncomfortable that's what came to Itadori's mind. It was then a thought came to his mind 'he may be self-conscious about his body', to think about it Itadori had barely seen Fushiguro shirtless. It was probably one or twice during laundries.

He looked at Fushiguro expectantly, "You coming in?"

The pink-haired boy tried his best not to stare at Fushiguro's body, but even through his peripheral vision he could tell he had a great physique. He wasn't muscular per se, but he was lean and had abs, everything about him seemed perfectly proportional.

Fushiguro swatted the thoughts away and finally dropped his towel, quickly entering the water. He knew how bright he was blushing, so he turned his back to Itadori as he tried to breathe his anxieties out.

"Is everything alright, Fushiguro?"

"Yeah, I... Yes."

Fushiguro held his arms crossed in front of his chest. There was no way he was gonna have fun today. He pondered if he should just claim some emergency and ask to leave, but Itadori seemed to be enjoying the warm water they were both sitting in and Fushiguro would have never let him hear the end of it.

Fushiguro can see the lush forest under the bright sky through the large window. The weather was still a bit chilly and he could hear the wind pick up and start to howl and then settle again. He can feel it'll get cooler by night.

He decided to not ruin it for Itadori and give it a try.
He relaxed his muscles and let himself float. Calves, thighs, hips, abdomen, fingers, and hands, they all ran under the clear, steamy water and felt their tension melt away, surrounded by pure water, made buoyant and light.