Chapter10

Chapter10

****

The morning was same as the night before — breakfast was awkward, Itadori and Fushiguro were avoiding eachother and Kugisaki was concerned about both of them. The job at Hakone shrine was easier than anticipated.

After the mission they had some time left so they did some sight seeing at Hakone shrine, then Kugisaki decided to go shopping and Itadori and Fushiguro decided to go to lake ashinoko.

They walked there in silence and looked around the place. It was peaceful. Surrounded by forest, mountains and clear blue sky, Lake Ashinoko felt like a picture-perfect retreat.

The thick tension between them made it hard for them to admire the beauty of the place.

They decided to rent a peddling boat and get close to the water.

The tension was still between them and it wasn't getting any better when Itadori spoke up.

"Hey so this mission was easy right?", he spoke up.

Fushiguro replied with a cold "yeah"

"The weather seems good today they're a lot of cloud in the sky", he tried again.

"yeah, the coulds are pretty", Fushiguro looked up.

Itadori loves cloud gazing. He gets lost in the feeling as the sun beats down onto his exposed skin and the soft winds that ruffle through his hair and drag the clouds across the skyline. He sees stupid shapes in them, at least that’s what Fushiguro says. 

 "Kinda looks like an elephant",  Itadori says, turning his head to the side. 

 "In what world?" Fushiguro couldn’t help but laugh, turning his head like Itadori is, his eyes searching the sky for any recognizable shape. 

 Itadori points towards the sky as he traces the neck of the bird with his finger, "Right there"

Fushiguro turns his head towards Itadori , "I see it. But that is not an elephant."

 Itadori laughs, his hand falling from the sky to lay on his hand, "What is it, then?"

"A rat, maybe?", Fushiguro says thoughtfully. 

"A rat." Itadori scoffs, "You’re calling my elephant a rat."

Fushiguro chuckles again, "The trunk, it’s a tail." Fushiguro’s finger is the one touching the clouds this time. 

 Itadori knows he’s supposed to be looking at the clouds, but his eyes are stuck on Fushiguro's hand. He watches the subtle flexes of the muscles in the raven haired boy's  finger and around his knuckles. The slight tan skin from all the work in the sun shines like gold in the heat, and against the blue sky, the contrast is blinding.

Fushiguro's ’s skin looks like the sun in the sky, only brighter, Itadori thinks. 

"..and then the bump there, that’s the rat’s ear." Fushiguro says, his finger falling out of the sky to land on the wooden surface of the boat between. Itadori's eyes move to look at Fushiguro, who looking up the sky.

Fushiguro is still looking at the clouds. His eyes flick across the sky, searching for any recognizable shape. 

Itadori's eyes are on Fushiguro, half-lidded to keep the bright sunlight from sneaking in. He likes watching Fushiguro's eyelashes flutter just as much as he likes watching clouds. 

"Hey so i'm sorry", came from Itadori out of nowhere.

"For what?", Fushiguro questioned.

"For kissing you without your consent", he replied looking down.

"It's fine i-"

"No I've done it twice and I'm ashamed of it", he couldn't meet Fushiguro's eyes.

"Actually well i really don't mind", Fushiguro spoke.

"You're just nice"

"No it's different I-",

"It's not", Itadori cut him off.

"Shut up", Fushiguro pulled Itadori by his t-shirt into a kissed. And without even realizing Itadori was kissing him back, their minds blank, all they knew was they wanted this. Fushiguro kissed him like no other boy ever did -- soft, moist, hot and breathy, not trying to win a battle but seeking union and closeness and sharing one breath, one sensation, one timeless and passionate moment. The heat rose in Fushiguro's cheeks as Itadori's tongue touched his — quick and electric and delicious, the firmer, more determined, more curious about the heat that lays within, seeking to chase down that elusive liquid lightning that reached through both of them.

Fushiguro could hear Itadori's extremely audible heartbeat, he smelled like cinnemon and green tea.

The thought of Fushiguro liking him made him smile like an idiot in-between their kiss. Fushiguro looked at him, eyebrows furrowed pulling away. "Why are you smiling huh?", he asked with a coy smirk.

"Makes me happy", he grinned. "So uh you like me right?",  he asked to make sure.

"Ofcouse i do idiot"

"thanks god", Itadori sighed of relief.

"You're an idiot", Fushiguro smiled.

"We need to tell  kugisaki though", Itadori spoke.

"She knows", Fushiguro replied.

"Oh- really?"

"yeah, way before i did", Fushiguro chuckled.

"What's that about?, Itadori looked confused.

"Nothing", replied Fushiguro as he pulled Itadori into a kiss, again.

"Yeah way before i did"

*******

small update cause I'm busy asf, will update more soon <3