•43•

"It was a nightmare"

I let out a audible breath at this.

"So we can go see Zach now?" Jake questions the doctor, getting straight to the point.

"Yes, just be calm with him." He says, and with that, walks away

Hah, like I haven't heard that one before.

Just be calm with him

How the hell am I suppose to be calm with my boyfriend that I haven't seen in half a year, who I spent months wondering, crying, and thinking about.

And I just found out he's alive.

I don't think I can be calm.

I mean I'm not going to go in there and pounce on him or anything.

But I can't just go in there like 'hey zach, good to see you after half a year, how am I, I'm good, nothing new, nope nothing at all'

It's just not goimg to happen

"Savanna" jake nudges me.

"He said you could go in"

I nod, I heard.

On the way to Jake pushing me to the room, I try to keep his earleir words replaying in my head, the nervousness slowly returning.

Everything will get better

He's still the same zach

We can get through this together.

I just can't bare to think that something bad actually happened to him.

It kills me to Even know he was hurt.

What am i suppose to do if he's not okay? How am I suppose to cope with that.

The door to room 123 is still cracked open slightly, the heart monitor now beeping at a normal pace.

I take a deep breath.

"Well go on" jake urges.

I sigh, biting my lip.

"Can you come with me?..." I ask.

Jake sighs, "fine"

Witht that, we enter the room.

The walls are a hidous white, health posters scattered here and there, the counter holds 2 bottles of pills on it, most likely for sleep and pain.

There's a shitty foldable chair, a mini TV siting in a stand, and a ugly green couch.

Last but not least, there's a single, bland looking hospital bed.

Once I build up the courage, my eyes avert over to the bed, where Zach lay, alseep.

I slwoly approche the side of his bed.

He's slimmer than he was before, making him look younger.

Guaze is wrapped around his right arm, giving away it is sprained.

His hair is now down to the end of his neck, where as before it only reached to the tip of his neck, his bangs now down to his chin, rather than his cheeks.

I notice by his steady breathes he is for sure asleep.

His face and arms are cut and bruised

Just then, a loud bang erupts from behind me.