The Feast and Trouble

3rd Pov.

Night fell on the Capital of Gemmera, but the Castle was lit up and the roads were filled with luxurious carriages coming and dropping distinguished Nobles, Merchants and Important people off in the castle.

Tonight, the King had Thrown a Feast, for the Arrival of a Very Important Guest. Most people are unaware of who he truly is, but from the commotion his arrival caused, most could guess he was not someone to be messed with.

But there will always be the black sheep of the group, some had already planned on taking advantage of his arrival, in their infinite arrogance they choose to ignore the crucial details of the Guest's power.

------

Inside the large hall, with the occasional opening of doors, letting inside the Nobles, the place was getting packed rapidly.

When the time of arrival was crossed and all the Nobles gathered in the Hall, chatting and Toasting in their own Power Circles, discussing the happenings of their territory and The Top news of all, the Arrival of a Dignitary from a far away place.

In one of those groups, was the Noble Faction, led by the 2nd Grand Duke of the kingdom. This faction was created in opposition to the Royal Faction and sought to take over the kingdom through Financial Means.

The Grand Duke Richard had gathered all the Established Merchants in his circle but he was unable to entice the powerful nobles to his side.

Contrary to the Merchants , the nobles he had was just 4 Marquise and 5 Viscounts followed by numerous Counts whose influence extends to only one or two villages.

If they were to be compared to the Royal Family's Nobles, then the Royal Faction had the First Grand Duke Lucas, the most powerful and Influential person beside the king and 7 Marquise and 10 Viscounts and some Counts.

In terms of Nobility, The Royal Family out matched Richard's almost 2 to 1.But in terms of Financial Influence in the market, they held the upper hand.

Thus they maintained a balance over each other neither gaining too much power, seeking external means as a catalyst to grow the said power. And the Arrival of Bael had given them the perfect opportunity.

If the side managed to get  Bael over with their faction, then they'll hold the absolute power thus victory over the other.

As such schemes were made under the shadows, while everyone waited for the king and the Guest's arrival.

--------

Gildard: Ahhh, how long should I wait!? They aren't even coming yet!

One of the Marquise of the Noble faction spoke, dissatisfied with the delay they were imposing on the great him, Gildard.

He was in his mid 20s, taking over his father's seat as the Marquise of the Gilded House after the death of his father 3 years before. Holding seemingly all the power in his hands, his pride grew along with his desire for more power.

Thus Betraying the words of his father's last wish to join the Royal Faction, he chose to go to the Noble Faction's side, enticed by the power they held.

He was constantly surrounded by weak nobles such as Counts and Viscounts who always stroked his pride, inflating it to the degree where he was blinded for more power.

Count A: Lord Gildard, we should wait a little more, I have heard that one of the subordinates of the Guest is a Lady more beautiful than the Princess.

Gildard: Is that so!? If she isas beautiful as you say then I should normally have the privilege of Inspecting her beauty thoroughly, in my chamber.