This is Hell!

Circa 1600s

Hell, Pride Ring

It's a beautiful day in Hell. Crows are screeching, sinners are roaming around the city, and screams can be heard in the distance. The buildings are reminiscent of the 16th century. Yes, this city is beautiful and seems like a nice place to live... for killers, of course. Who would have thought that would have such standards and be quite nice?

Sinner: *Screams* HAAAAAAAARGH!

Well, it's mostly nice. Sinners tend to kill each other to gain more power, and some of them even manage to become Overlords. But over time, there are always bigger fish to fry. Take, for example, one of the most powerful Overlords in the Pride Ring. He's overthrown over 50 Overlords who tried to oppose him. His name is Zestial, a sinner with the appearance of a spider-like demon.

 His name is Zestial, a sinner with the appearance of a spider-like demon

Zestial

Zestial: *Humming* Ah~ the sound of screaming is music to mine ears, lovely.

As he's walking, Zestial feels a disturbance. He looks around to identify the source of the power and when he looks up, he sees a giant portal.

Zestial: Hum, well that's something.

Confused, he keeps looking up. Other sinners stop what they're doing and look up as well. The power emanating from the portal is strong and piques Zestial's curiosity, so he stands there, waiting for something to come out of the portal.

Before long, something, or rather someone, comes out from the portal. Ten humans are screaming as they fall from the red sky. The portal above them closes itself. Soon, they land hard and crash into a building far from where Zestial is standing. His curiosity piqued even more, he walks towards where they landed.

As Zestial reaches the location of the crash, he looks at the destroyed building where the humans landed. Some sinners come out of the building, screaming and running away. From inside, he hears someone laughing out loud. Curious, Zestial enters the building to see what's causing the commotion.

As soon as he enters the building, he tilts his head to dodge a bottle that barely misses him. He looks at the ten humans, dressed in strange clothes, for the first time in his life.

These are the mercs from the previous chapter, finally exiting the portal and entering Hell. They are seen having some drinks, fixing their weapons, and adjusting their gear. Hunter finishes his booze and notices that someone has entered. This person, or rather demon, was barely hit by the bottle that Demoman drunkenly threw. Hunter is not surprised at all by Zestial's appearance. In fact, he has seen many demons in his past life, and the other mercs are not surprised by the spider-like demon either.

Spy steps forward towards the demon with a blank expression and lights his cigarette. He takes a puff and blows out some smoke before speaking in his usual manner.