Chapter 16: Meeting the Family

While the boys were out finding a way to make extra change, Benny and I had plans for the night.

I was officially going to meet his parents.

And I was a nervous wreck.

"What if they don't like me?" I asked, pacing around my room.

"I'm sure they'll love you," Scotty comforted with a smile.

Scotty was currently sitting on my bed, watching me pace back and forth.

"But if you don't stop pacing," Scotty said. "You're gonna make me dizzy."

I sighed and nodded as I walked over to my closet and pulled out two dresses.

"Should I go with the red one or the blue one?" I asked, showing the dresses to Scotty. "Red is Benny's favorite color, but blue looks more classy in a way."

"I don't know anything about fashion," Scotty shook his head with a smile. "You should ask Mom."

"Mom!" I called.

"Yes," My Mom said, sticking her head into my room a minute after I called her. "What's up?"

"Which dress should I wear to meet Benny's parents?" I asked, showing her the two dresses.

"What do you think?" My Mom asked.

"Well, Red is Benny's favorite color, but blue is classier in a way," I said, looking back and forth at the dresses.

"While you guys figure it out," Scotty said, jumping off my bed. "I'm going to my room."

Scotty walked out of the room, leaving me and my Mom alone.

My Mom smiled as she took the dresses from me to look at them.

"I was so scared to meet your Dad's parents you know," My Mom smiled as she looked at the two dresses in her hands. "I remember I was so nervous that I refused to eat really anything the whole night because I felt so sick."

My Mom laughed as she shook her head at the memory.

"What kind of dress did you wear to meet Dad's parents?" I asked.

"I wore a light blue dress with a blue ribbon in my hair," My Mom smiled, looking at me.

"Blue it is," I said, taking the blue dress from her. "Thanks, Mom."

"Of course," My Mom nodded. "Anytime. It's what Moms are for."

My Mom watched as I quickly got dressed in front of her.

I wasn't normally like this, but I had to get ready fast or I'd be late.

"Do you want some help getting ready?" My Mom asked with a smile as soon as I put the dress on.

"Yes, please," I sighed.

"I don't want you to stress yourself out too much," My Mom said, tying a small blue ribbon into my hair, holding up part of it in a small ponytail, but leaving the rest down on my shoulders.

She had curled my hair and it looked absolutely beautiful.

"They are going to love you," My Mom said, kissing the top of my head. "And I can't wait to meet this famous Benny when he picks you up."

"Oh," I said. "I forgot you two haven't met yet. I'm sorry. I've just been so busy with-"

"Baseball," My Mom finished with a smile.

I nodded.

"You're Dad would be so proud," My Mom said, pulling me into a hug.

I hugged back.