Chapter 19: Dreams

*Scotty's POV*

My life...was over.

Just as Bill had finally warmed up to me...and asked me to be the man of the house, I had to knock a priceless chunk of history into the clutches of a monster.

Great.

I had a dream that night about a giant baseball...that was signed by Babe Ruth...falling out of the sky and hammering me into the ground...like a railroad spike.

I didn't know what that meant, but Benny and Y/n had a dream that night too, and theirs was a lot more helpful.

*Benny's POV*

A large crowd cheered from my closet as a familiar looking man stepped out of my bedroom closet and into my room.

"Who's there?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at the man.

"Don't go pee in your pants," The man said, piping his cigar that hung out of his mouth. "I'm just here to give you a hand."

"B-But you're-," I stuttered, recognizing the man as Babe Ruth.

THE BABE RUTH. STANDING IN MY BEDROOM.

"Dead?" The Babe finished for me. "Legends never die, kid."

"But you're really him," I smiled. "You're The Babe. The Sultan of Swat. The King of Crash."

"Of Crash, and a hundred other dopey names," The Babe waved his hand in the air. "Forget about that stuff, kid. We ain't got much time. I'm here cause you're in some kind of a pickle, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded, sort of surprised that The Babe already knew my situation.

"A baseball with my John Hancock on it...," The Babe continued. "Went over a fence and you can't get it back, right?"

"Yeah, right."

"Then just hop over there and get it," The Babe said, bluntly as he walked back over to my closet door, the very same one he stepped out of.

"Wait, wait!" I shouted, stepping in front of The Babe. "I can't."

I sighed as I rubbed the back of my neck with my hand, sheepishly.

"Can't what?" The Babe raised an eyebrow at me.

"I can't go into that backyard."

"Why not?"

"There's a beast back there."

"What kind?"

"A giant gorilla-dog thing that ate one kid already."

"Is that a fact?" The Babe sighed as he sat down on my bed and patted the seat beside him. "Sit down, kid. Sit down."

I quickly and reluctantly sat beside him.

"Let me tell you something, kid," The Babe said, placing his hand on my shoulder. "Most people never take the chance, either cause they're too scared...or they don't recognize it when it spits on their shoes. This is your big chance, and you shouldn't let it go by. Remember when you busted the guts out of the ball the other day?"

I nodded.

"Someone's telling you something, kid. If I was you, I'd listen."

"Yeah. But what?"

"You're the one with the rubber legs," The Babe chuckled as he stood up and walked over to my bookshelf with all my baseball cards on it. "Figure it out."

The Babe picked up one of my cards and scanned it before turning back towards me.

"'Henry Aaron,'" The Babe said with a nod. "I don't know why, but can I have this?"