Chapter 20: somewhere over the rainbow

Summary:

Hari and Tony take an impromptu trip to Asgard.

Chapter title:
Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwoʻole

Notes:

Timeline:
[x] (2012) The Avengers
[x] (2013) Iron Man 3
[x] (2013) Thor: The Dark World
[ ] (2014) Captain America: The Winter Soldier; Guardians of the Galaxy; Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2
[ ] (2015) Avengers: Age of Ultron; Ant-Man
[ ] (2016) Captain America: Civil War; Spider-Man: Homecoming
[ ] (2017) Doctor Strange; Black Panther; Thor: Ragnarok
[ ] (2018) Avengers: Infinity War

It's with a sad kiss to Scorpius and Teddy's heads that Hari leaves Hogwarts with Tony. She had wanted to speak with the Headmistress and handle business while she was there, but there isn't enough time. Not with Thor back on planet and them not knowing how long this trip would last.

"JARVIS has the exact coordinates," Tony says once the portkey deposits them in the living room of Grimmauld Place. Hari follows him as he sprints up the stairs to their room and grabs a red suitcase. "Thor's in... London? Well, that's pretty fucking convenient."

Hari stares at the suitcase. "Is that your suit?"

Tony freezes, looks at her like a child caught doing something naughty. "Yes." His face closes off a little, like he's expecting her to lose her shit.

"That's some brilliant thinking," she praises. She pulls off her clothes as she runs to the closet, and then she digs out her old dragon hide armor. Tony stares at her in slight shock as she throws it on, Auror training kicking in. She pats it down, smiling when she feels her badge in her pocket. "Just in case," she assures him. "You're as much a trouble magnet as I am; we should just go to him expecting shit to go wrong."

"You're amazing," Tony says, awed.

Hari looks at him confusedly. "I'm sure there's a story behind your reaction, but we need to leave right now, so we'll talk later," she promises. "Where are we going?"

Tony looks at his phone at the blinking location on the map. "Greenwich."

"I'm going to need a bit more than that," she tells him. "I need to know exactly where I'm going, or I could Apparate us to the other side of Greenwich and Thor will be long gone before we can talk to him."

"How inconvenient," Tony deadpans as his fingers fly over the screen on his phone. "Would a cross-street help you?"

Hari glances at the screen. "Yes, that'll do. Hold tight."

She holds onto him fiercely, and before Tony can respond, they're being whisked away.

The fine hairs on her neck stand up, and she pulls Tony to the ground without a second thought. A burst of red flies overhead followed by shards of glass.

"The fuck was that?" Tony cries.

"Jane!"

Hari turns, and she sees the tall blond wearing a red cape running to a woman lying on the ground. "Thor?" she guesses. She looks around, and seeing nothing else off, she gets off of Tony, pulling him to his feet.

"Yup, that's him," Tony says cheerfully. He confidently strides over to Thor, his suitcase firmly in his hand.

"Place your hands on your heads. Step back," a copper says, his arm outstretched. Even from this distance, Hari can see how it trembles.

"This woman is unwell," Thor says.

The copper opens his mouth to speak, but Hari steps forward. She fishes out her badge, flashes it at him. "I'll take it from here," she says. "Believe me, this is above your paygrade."