Stay a little longer. (R.R)

Be prepared 

You and Reneé have been friends for the longest time, well, you were friends for the longest time

She was your best friend during school, the two of you would spend everyday together, you made the best memories with her, you don't remember a single second in school when you were without her because the days without her there weren't very happy.

The days with her, those were the days that made you excited to go to school, the day you meet her still replays in your head even though it's been years since you met.

Flashback

You nervously stepped into your new school. Your parents standing behind you because you were still slightly shy, year 3 felt like such a big year and you had to move schools due to bullying at your old school. The school was also 1-12 so it felt very intimidating seeing all these teenagers.

You were very scared that it would just be the same, you tried to beg your parents to keep you from going to school or to let you be homeschooled but they wanted you to meet others.

You walk inside and see a lot of people running and playing in the playground, you notice everyone staring at you and giggling so you hide your face, turning around and talking to your parents, "You can leave now." You say, your Mom lets out a sad sigh and nods her head.

When they finally leave, everyone stops looking at you but no one comes up to talk to you, when it's lunch you walk into where the grades 1-5 are told to have lunch, you try to join groups, but no one seems to want to play with you.

Walking around the playground to entertain yourself, you stop in your tracks when you see a bright bench, you walk up to it and see a sign placed on the chair, you don't really know how to read but you decide to sit down and eat your lunch.

A few minutes later you see someone out of your peripheral vision sit down, you turn your head to look at whoever it was and you see a blonde girl, who was smiling at you.

Swallowing the food you were currently eating, you give the girl a confused look and ask her, "Why are you sitting next to me?" The blonde girl giggles, "You're sitting on the friend bench, people sit here when they want to make a friend." You didn't even know that but you weren't going to turn down the chance to make a friend.

"Oh! Okay! Well, I'm Y/n!" You say with a bright smile on her face, she returns the same smile, "I'm Reneé."

The two girls giggle and a friendship is born instantly, you find out that she was in the year above you and was in choir.

Every single moment with one another was happy and you loved spending time with each other, but the day came, the heartbreaking day you have been dreading for the past 8 years. Reneé's graduation.

You were so proud of her and couldn't wait for her to share her talents with the world but you were scared, when ever Reneé wasn't at school you would be badly bullied, she was the one that looked after you and protected you, you returned the favour by baking her cupcakes, she was always hopeless at making them, no matter how many times you tried to help her make them, she would always fail.

But you would have to last a whole year without her, she was moving states as well, you didn't know exactly what she was doing but you knew you would hear about it, she's so talented after all.

To ignore the fact you were crying so hard, she invited you back to her house and you spent the whole night together, making her many batches of cupcakes.

"One of these days, I'll make you a cupcake." Reneé said, holding you from behind, you rolled your eyes and giggled, "Yeah sure, I don't even know how yours turn out like that." You look at the tray of cupcakes that Reneé tried to bake and they look sad and inedible, Reneé looks at hers then yours, "Yeah, let's just eat yours for now."

The two teenagers giggle as they eat your delicious cupcakes, spending the last times they have together.

It's been years since you have spoken to Reneé and you're embarrassed to admit, your feelings haven't changed, everyday in school you were in denial about having a crush on her because you were also in denial about your sexuality, but now you know who you are, you weren't denying it anymore.

You were too scared to message her, it's been way too long and she's living her best life as an artist and actress. You always knew she would be so talented, you think about it every day, just wishing that maybe you could be a part of her life again.

Maybe it was for a reason, maybe the universe doesn't want you to be in each other's lives.

You were drinking coffee in a small café, working on some collage paper that was due next week, you hear the door open but you don't bother to look up at that sound.

You look up when you hear a few girls whispering and blushing, you gasp and your heart rate goes up when you see who it is, it was Reneé.

You get out of your seat and walk to her, tapping her in the shoulder and smiling, "Hi Reneé." For a few seconds she stares at you as if you are just another fan, but then it hits her, and she gasps when she finally recognises you. "Y/n! Oh my god!' She smiles, pulling in to give you a hug, you allow her to sit down where you were sitting and you spend over an hour talking to each other, telling each other what has been happening over the years.

The conversation eventually comes to an end and there is a short moment of silence, "Uh Y/n." she starts, you look into her eyes, listening closely to what she is saying. "I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight, like a date." She asks nervously, but you take her nerves away by returning a bright smile and a happy "Yes."

The whole night was perfect, getting ready for the date, the conversations during the date and the walk to the ice cream shop after, everything was amazing, you two were the happiest and glad to be in each other's lives again.

When crossing the road, you didn't look and couldn't hear Reneé shouting out your name, before you could react, pain forms all over your body and everything goes black.

-

It had been 6 months since Reneé had lost you and she was crying while walking to the graveyard to visit your grave, holding flowers in her hand and something else in the other as she walked into the place which she had been spending her time recently.

She sits down next to your tombstone and puts the flowers on the ground.

"Hey baby." she knew you couldn't hear her and that you can't respond but she didn't care, she still wanted to talk to you. "I miss you." She said, wiping the tears out of her eyes. She then started to tell her everything that was happening in her life, she knew she had to be somewhere in a few minutes so she got up to leave. "Wait." She said, sitting down again and reaching in her bag.

"I made a cupcake today."

I tried basing this off that sad texting story that has the "I pealed my orange today." at the end but idk if it worked.