Chapter 17

Author's POV

After a few days ,one day Payel was working in the kitchen when she got a call .

*ring*

"Hello ? "

"Payel beta kaisi ho ?"

"Aareh maa aap ? Main toh thik hu par aap dono aise achanak kyu Chale gye the party se ?" Payel enquired .

"Actually beta your father in law got an urgent call from his office so , we couldn't get enough time to meet you " her mother in law explained .

" It's okay maa , but come again when you get chance okay!" Payel said .

"Yeah sure beta and where is your husband ?" She asked about Abhishek but pressuring the word husband.

After hearing the word husband from her Payel got the flashbacks of the previous night and her hands began to shiver . Sweatbeads began to form on her forehead and she gulped the hard lumps that formed in her throat . But she composed herself and answered to her mother in law .

" Wo maa __Actually ___"

Just then Abhishek entered the living room .

"Maa he came " Abhishek looked at her as she smiled cheekily to him .

After talking for some more time she ended the call and went into the kitchen .

The senior maid came and asked her to and take rest as she could manage the kitchen here .

" But Rina di , I told you I can also work ! Areeh before Marraige I used to do everything in my house . My maa was ill so doctor advised her for complete bed rest . So I used to wake up at 5 in the morning and do all the household chores and then ____"

"Bs bs Payel that was before marriage but this is after marriage.  And sir don't pay us to sit and watch movie here right ? So please meri maa now you go and take rest as you are working since morning !" The senior maid insisted her to go and luckily this time payel agreed with her without any tantrums .

She handed her the cooker which she was holding and after washing her hands she went upstairs.

But after she reach the long corridor , she heard a noise probably coming from the pillar infront of her .

She approached the pillar,  just a few inches and a hand grabbed her from behind .

"Ahh___ummm umm" she couldn't speak as the hand had covered her mouth .

"Chup ! Chup ! Main hu dekho !" IT was Abhishek.

"Oh tum __1 second tum yaha ? Pr tum toh us pillar k piche the na ?"

"What ? Pr main toh abhi room se aa raha hu ! __payel__payel___PAYEEELL are you OK? " He jerked her to bring back to her senses .

"Huh ? Ahhm yess I'm okay __I'm okay " Payel ensured him that she was okay but Abhishek was sensing something different but didn't utter anything further .

She was going but he caught her pallu from behind .

"Kitna bhagogi Payel ? Aur Kitna dur bhagogi mujhse ? " Abhishek was becoming emotional.

"I'm not running away ! "

"Get ready at 7 O'clock,  I will take you somewhere " Abhishek handed her a box .

She was going to open the box but he stopped her and asked not to open now so she didn't bother much .

When she asked him about that place he winked at her and told that's a surprise .