Ch.2

The first man and angel met every week.

Adam was alone most of the time. Sometimes a few angels came down to check their creature and asked questions if there were any issues. That's all. So Adam was always eager to meet Lucifer.

Every time the beautiful singing voice came from the tree, Adam welcomed him and spent a day with him.

Adam had learned singing at the beginning, but as time passed, he showed more curiosity and talent in instruments. Adam loved to play the stringed instruments.

After countless meetings, Adam had become quite good at playing. He gradually started to play in his own way, more energetic and... like a rocking style than Lucifer. It was impressive that a being like a human could create something by himself. Lucifer was the only and lone creator in this heaven and Eden. But he seemed to have a new friend, who was just like Lucifer.

'Twinkle twinkle little star'
'How I wonder what you are'

When Lucifer invented a melody, Adam often made lyrics for it. When Lucifer started to sing, Adam played the lyre to accompany it. Their harmony rang around the open place. It even tenderly touched flowers and bees, which made them dance to it.

'Up above the world so high'
'Like a diamond in the sky.'

Adam showed interest in not only music but everything Lucifer made. He was the biggest fan of his creation. Lucifer thought Adam was like a puppy that was always cavorting around the world with twinkling curious eyes.

Because no one taught him what dangers were, he was too brave sometimes. Because the lazy elders just neglected him since they created him, so Lucifer used to teach him about the world.

The angel taught him how to swim, to make silly ducks from the sand of the seaside, to dance, to get drops of honey without bothering the bees, to trim his hair in a very cool shape, and so on. The angel taught him not very nice things too.

For example, one day, Adam fantastically finished his solo playing. "Fuck yeah-! Hey, how's it, Luci? I think minor notes are better!" He was still huffing with excitement.

"Perfect!" Lucifer clapped. "By the way, Adam. Where have you learned that word? I think it wasn't from me." Lucifer asked.
"I just overheard it from the other angels."

Aha. It might have been Michael. That guy was recently busy working out to improve this test world.

Michael was irritable and used to not being nice to Lucifer like the other angels. He tended to talk to himself when he gets stressed. Well, this is why we should watch our language around a kid. Lucifer thought.

"Is it a bad thing?" Adam sat next to Lucifer and grabbed some berries that they had gathered this morning.
"I'm... It' depends on the case." A prank just struck Lucifer's creative mind.

"It could be a good thing, for example, if you meet the elders and they bother you... you can say, fuck you, bitch!"
"Fuck you bitch!" Adam brightly parroted. "What do these words mean?"
"They're a magical spell to shut their mouth."

Lucifer said trying his best not to laugh. "And, if they command something you don't want to do, you can say, eat shit, bald!"
"Eat shit, bald!"
"Then they won't say anything else. But like everything I teach you, those are our secrets, too. If someone asks who taught you- well, just say that you heard it from Michael, okay?"

"Okay, I will!" the pure soul looked happy to learn something new. Lucifer cupped his cheeks, smiling. "Atta boy!"

Haha! Oh, this is hilarious. To imagine the loser's faces when they hear the words coming from their innocent creature's mouth. Even though it was too slight to be called revenge, that imagination made Lucifer happy anyway.

As anyone can see from the above episode, the teacher was a prankster.

One day Lucifer gave him some fruits and Adam grabbed them, but then they turned into a magical bunch of little snakes. Lucifer cracked up as Adam freaked out and started screaming. Lucifer shouted, I've got you again!

Whenever Lucifer made fun of him with silly pranks, Adam asked with a pouted look. 'Happy?'
Lucifer answered breathlessly laughing. 'Yeah, Happy.'
Then Adam found himself no more pissed. Adam liked to see Lucifer happy.

...

Lucifer mostly met Adam in the mornings when heaven was too busy to care about what they were doing. So Adam was alone at night. He looked up at the night sky and numerous stars.

Nights without Lucifer were... no fun. He wished he could be with him for much longer. Whenever he felt a little bit of emptiness, he would practice playing the string.

'When the blazing sun is gone'
'When he nothing shines upon'
'Then you show your little light'
'Twinkle twinkle all the night'

When he sang and played their songs, he felt the emptiness being filled with warmth. He could hear the angel's soft humming in his heart. Then he wasn't so lonely anymore.

Adam recalled what Lucifer said when he listened to these lyrics. 'It's sweet, Adam!' Lucifer added with a grin on his lips.

'If you meet your wife, sing this song for her. You will earn scores. She will fall in love with you!'

Heaven planned to create the humankind of men and women. When the testing was done, Adam would meet his first woman, and marry and love her. Indeed, Adam was still in doubt.

"Is the... falling in love so good?"

"Oh, boy! Of course." Lucifer stood up and cheerfully walked around Adam.

"Love is the most beautiful emotion in life. It's a blessing that you can have your eternal partner."

Adam's eyes followed the angel. He seemed to be still in doubt. "What would it feel like?"

"Um, at first, you feel awkward and a bit weird. Like you have butterflies in your stomach..."

"Then it is not good?" Lucifer chuckled and lightly booped Adam's nose. "But- it's a pleasant weirdness."

Lucifer held Adam's hands and spun around him like dancing together. "Then, you will find your heart is filling with warmth and softness. You will think of her, again and again-"

As he was talking about love, Adam thought Lucifer looked happy. His pink cheeks looked much more vivid and cute. His happiness spread to Adam. Adam laughed together with him in that feeling. That was soft and warm, like the hands he was holding.

...

Adam was blankly gazing at the night sky. He was playing the lyre, but without focusing on it, he was wandering in that dreamy memory.

'Then the traveler in the dark'
'Thank you for your tiny spark'
'He couldn't see which way to go'
'If you did not twinkle so...'

He thought of the angel's smile, and the angel's mouth pronouncing the word Love. When he smiled, his crisp white little teeth twinkled. His smile shined like a star.

"Ah..."

Then, he saw a shooting star. Did the star come to land to listen to his song?

If you wish upon a shooting star, it will grant your wish. Lucifer once told him that. Well, it could have been the liar's new joke. But Adam closed his eyes and whispered like a prayer, which he had never told even Lucifer.

I wish I would be with him forever.

The shooting star shortly sparked and disappeared as if nothing happened.

At that time, the first man couldn't know. Even the angels and stars in the sky couldn't. How were they able to expected know that a human has grown something they hadn't designed? No one could stop the will from growing.

Adam wanted to stay with Lucifer forever.
It was the first free will on earth.