Ch.3

"How to love?"

One day, Adam asked his angel. Lucifer was lying on the hill, twirling his finger to make duck-shaped clouds in the sky with his magic. He looked up at the first man. "Abou-what?"

"The elders said I would have a wife soon. We have to love each other."

"Oh, that's good! It's earlier than I thought." Lucifer snapped his finger so that the clouds faded away before he sat up on the ground. Then he could read Adam's face. He looked a little serious, not like his unusual self.

"How- exactly do I love? To hug and kiss on her cheek?"

"Well, Just kisses on the cheeks aren't enough." Lucifer tried not to laugh. It was cute that humans couldn't define their emotions well even if they already had it. Hmm.. As an older and smarter one, and to conserve our humankind... he needed to let him know more.

Lucifer moved closer. "Adam, look at me."

Before Adam did, Lucifer gently cupped Adam's cheeks with his palms and tilted toward him. "You have a mouth not only for talking and eating. You have two soft lips so that you can express your love without saying a word."

Adam blinked his eyes. The angel's lips were so close to him. He could see his cute tongue move when he pronounced it. It was as pink as his blush. Adam couldn't understand why his heart beat a little fast.

"How?" Lucifer just seemed to make fun of him again. But Adam felt like he wanted Lucifer to keep on with whatever he was trying to do.

Lucifer hesitated. It's not so difficult to teach, but I may not steal the first man's first kiss.

So He tenderly covered Adam's mouth with his hand. And he leaned forward, closing his eyes. Lucifer pressed his lips on the knuckles of his hand that covered Adam's lips.

Because the only two lips in the world were sealed at once, Eden was silent except for the sound of breezes touching the grass. A few seconds passed. Lucifer pulled back. He freed Adam's mouth but nothing came from his mouth. Adam was looking at him with a slightly blushed look, like a broken doll.

"... Well, like this. You should kiss on her lips. That's what lovers do."

Because Adam was always noisy, it was awkward and record-breaking that he didn't say anything so far. Lucifer tilted his head to check Adam's condition.

"...Then?" Adam finally opened his mouth. He pouted and narrowed his eyes. Lucifer couldn't tell if this guy was sulking or angry, or excited.

"Kiss on lips, and then?"

"Huh?" And then Lucifer was baffled. Adam held Lucifer's lean waist. It was even grabbed with his one hand. The mischievous smirk turned on Adam's face. Lucifer... was doomed.

"What's next, huh? I don't get it yet." Adam pressed his torso against Lucifer, which made them almost lie on the ground with Lucifer's back. "Adam, Adam!" Lucifer said in a hurry. "Haha- dude, Just kidding..."

"What kidding? I'm an ignorant human. I need your teaching, angel." Adam wickedly chuckled like a bad boy. But his breath was a little bit rough with no reason. Adam gave a strong hug to the short angel and pressed his cheek against his cheek. His face was unnecessarily warm.

As Adam's well-toned body closely touched his body, Lucifer felt like a large dog had bumped into him to welcome him and lick his cheek... No, The feeling was much closer to that of the predator catching its toy rabbit. Lucifer couldn't help but spread his six wings all of a sudden. Adam was struck cleanly in the face by the wing and fell sideways.

"Ughh..." Lucifer quickly adjusted himself looking down at the poor man. "You had it coming, silly Adam." Lucifer found his heart beating so fast for an unknown reason. Maybe he felt angry because silly Adam had played a prank on him. Yeah, of course, that's why! What else could it be?

"Hey- where are you going?"

"To take a walk!" The angel answered and went. That sounded weird, because he flew into the sky.

Adam was sitting on the green hill, thinking of the softness and scent and everything. He imagined how it would feel like, if they did it again without the hand blocking his lips.

...

Lucifer landed in heaven above the clouds. He honestly had no reason to come here. But his heart was racing, so he had to use the extra energy.

Lucifer was going to go back to Adam in a few minutes. He wandered near the crisp white walls and golden gate. Then familiar footsteps sounded behind him.

"Hi, Sera." Lucifer called her name even before he looked back. "It's good to see you, Luci." She smiled.

Sera was one of the few angels who were kind to him. She was cautious and conservative unlike him, but they were close enough to be called friends.

Sera knew Lucifer had been with Adam. Lucifer was a bit worried if she saw what they just did. She was the first angel who found out Lucifer had been hanging out with Adam. But so far, she didn't bother Lucifer getting along with him.

"You are here, so can I borrow your friend for a few minutes? It's just a regular checkup as usual."

"Sure, he's under the big apple tree, near the entrance of the woods."

Lucifer thought she would leave as she knew where he was, but she didn't. Her deep eyes were gazing at him. Her eyes were clear like a mirror of a lake, profound like its deepness.

"Why? Am I too handsome today? Haha!" Lucifer broke the silence, trying to keep his tone light. But her voice was contrastedly low. "You should stay inside the line, Lucifer." Sera calmly said. It sounded like a warning rather than advice.

"If you step over it, I can't help you anymore."

It was the first time that Sera had warned him. She was talking about his contacts with Adam.

Lucifer paused and suddenly laughed aloud. "Oh, Sera. You have too many worries. There's no reason anything bad will happen! I can handle it, darling." Lucifer winked. Sera didn't answer, just having a faint smile on her lips. She unfolded her six wings and left.

Lucifer believed what he just said. He believed in himself. He has actually been doing good things for Adam. He had helped the first man to grow and to adapt to this world. Lucifer had positively influenced Adam. He taught lame jokes or pranks sometimes... Well, those spices make our lives richer, right?

Lucifer spent half of an hour near the gate of heaven and came down to Adam. He merrily met his angel. The human had already forgotten that Lucifer had hit him with his wing.

Lucifer asked him what Sera had done with him. Adam shrugged and said that it was nothing special. She just asked simple questions. They didn't think it over. Their attention easily shifted to their new ideas of music. They chatted and laughed together. There's nothing more important than enjoying their lives.

The moments filled with happiness, which Lucifer would have missed for thousands of years, were too brief like the twinkling of a shooting star.