Ch.7

Adam was holding the fruit with both hands. The prisoner hung his head low, looking at the fruit that would erase all of his memories about the angel.

Adam thought it meant the same as killing his soul and ego and everything. Because there were no fucking memories that he had made without Lucifer.

He looked down at it and bit into it.

Only the sound of chewing on apples rang out in the still space. It rang in Adam's skull, which gave him incessant buzzing.

"You must eat it all up to forget everything," Lucifer coldly said. Adam didn't answer. He only kept biting, chewing, and swallowing. It tasted of nothing.

"I'm sorry, Adam," Lucifer spoke low. "It's my fault that everything came to this. I'm so sorry."

Adam just bit and swallowed. When he had eaten half of it, his vision started to blur. The memories screamed as they were dying, and they flashed their last lights like a panorama.

"I'm so sorry," Lucifer repeated like a broken doll. His voice trembled with tears.

He was weeping.

"I'm so sorry, Adam. You shouldn't have met me. I'm sorry. You shouldn't have liked me."

Adam was too dizzy to look up at Lucifer. So he just kept swallowing the fruit. It tasted like tears. Adam was crying too.

He was seeing the last flashes of the memories. Adam was playing the lyre. Lucifer was sitting by him, singing to the playing.

'twinkle twinkle little star'

'How I wonder...'

Adam swallowed the memory as he swallowed the piece of fruit. He bit into it again. What were the lyrics?

In another scene, a hand was covering his lips. Lucifer leaned forward and kissed his knuckles. Lucifer had his eyes closed, but Adam was looking at the angel's eyelashes. All they could hear were their heartbeats and the breeze blowing through the hills.

The memory was gone too.

In the next scene, Lucifer played a prank on Adam. Seeing the first man's silly face, Lucifer laughed so hard. Adam had to be pissed, but he couldn't be because the angel's smile was so beautiful. The smile he had loved so badly was fading away.

The softness of his hands, the warmth of his voice, and the mischievous laughing were disappearing.

He had eaten almost all of it.

In another memory, Adam was alone in the dark cave at dawn. As he started to feel the void, a yellow duck floated on the stream.

Then Adam flew with Lucifer in the sky. No- I never want to forget this.

"At that dawn," Lucifer didn't want to cry in front of Adam. He wanted to say goodbye without crying. But he was a total mess. Adam would forget everything. Even this moment.

So it would be the last chance to confess.

"When you, you said you would marry me," he couldn't keep saying it without pausing. "I was happy."

Tears were running down the angel's face.

Adam couldn't breathe. He was trying desperately to swallow the fruit without crying aloud.

He just bit and swallowed the fruit.

He swallowed tears.

"I was happy to hear that. I wanted to say that I loved it."

He swallowed the memory.

He swallowed every word of love that he couldn't tell him yet.

Adam was chewing the last piece of the fruit. He wanted to focus on what his angel was saying, but he was too dizzy.

The buzzing in his ears got bigger. He couldn't think of anything. Every scene was melting away in his memory.

It was weird that Adam was still crying even though he had forgotten almost all.

He couldn't know why he was crying. Why? Why am I sad?

What is this angel saying? Wait,

Who is he?

As Lucifer made sure Adam had eaten all of the fruit, he turned back. Lucifer couldn't stand there for a second. So he left. Adam could only hear footsteps getting farther away in the awful dizziness.

Adam was alone. He had experienced the same thing before, but he couldn't remember it.

He swallowed the rest of it, still crying. He choked with tears.

So he coughed several times before he passed out.

The last drop of the fruit juice wasn't swallowed, it ran down on his chin and fell.

It mixed with his tears and disappeared forever.