Ch.11

In hell, the conference room in the embassy, the meeting of the extermination day, 4:00 pm.

As an exile, Lucifer wasn't allowed to visit heaven. So the conference was held in hell. The angels had arrived earlier and sat down around the table. Adam, Lute, Sera, and tens of other angels attended there as well. The major angels of heaven, even though they were much younger than Adam, looked nervous.

This was the day to meet the infamous fallen angel, Lucifer Morningstar. And they were going to propose to him that if they caught and killed his people.

It wouldn't be strange if war broke out right after. That's why the unnecessarily many angel warriors had been assigned in the case of battle.

"... It's freaking awkward we are only sitting around like this." Adam impatiently said.

Sera gave him a reproaching look. 'Behave appropriately for your place, Adam,' he could hear her saying despite her not saying it.

The door burst open. Every attention focused on the man standing in front of the double door.

The most excited of them all, Adam reared up, almost throwing his chair.

He yelled, pointing at him with a finger, "HA! LOOK AT-"

The ugly face! He meant to say that. But only he stood still.

The king of hell looked as small as had been illustrated in the sources. But it was a far cry from an awful look. His lean body looked good in his ringmaster-like suit. His pink cheeks gave a vivid glow to his pale white skin. Lucifer took a look around the conference room. Different from the horrible looks in the records, he was,

'...too pretty!'

Adam's inner voice said.

So, Adam, who had just stood up and shouted in the middle of the meeting for no reason, grumbled "...the last coming." He spat it out and sat down.

Because the meeting brought equality to the fore, it progressed at the round table conference. Coincidentally, the seat of the leader of the hell side was right next to the chief of the heaven side. It was a large table but not enough so that Adam could touch him by stretching out his arm. Lucifer took a seat that had been made considering his height. Adam had been glaring at him since he came in.

Lute started the introduction. But all the angels' eyes were on Lucifer. The strongest being in heaven and hell. The highest fallen angel who dominated at the lowest bottom of hell. Even though he looked like a small circus doll, he clearly showed a calm attitude of the top class. No he looked too calm.

The presentation had already reached its core, explaining the day of extermination. It was covered in layers of neat words, but the content was ultimately that the population level was too pressuring for them, so they would randomly kill their people to control it.

The angels had never expected a peaceful talk. But to this extent, how could... just nothing happen?

They couldn't find any emotion from the king's blank eyes. He just looked like he had woken up in the morning and was sitting here to wait for his breakfast.

Adam wasn't listening to Lute, so there was obviously no one to focus on the presentation. Adam's eyes had been on him all along. But Lucifer had never met his eyes. What brazen... annoying demon! How dare he steal what was Adam's. And now being in front of the woman's ex-husband and leader of enemies as well, how dare he not give any glance? Adam was mad at the blatant disregard he had never experienced in his life.