Chapter 3: help us

Tara pov
I woke up and got ready.
Outfit

After I got ready I grabbed my black tote bag that had a camera, sketch book, pencil, a juice box just in case, and chapstick

After I got ready I grabbed my black tote bag that had a camera, sketch book, pencil, a juice box just in case, and chapstick. I walked out of my room. The smell of burnt toast filled the apartment. "Hey ma" I said.

"Tara I can't speak right now I'm busy" my mother hushed me.

"Sorry ma" I whispered.

"Hi ma, I'm going to Grandma and Grandpas house" Kesha spoke.

"Ok Kesha you have fun and be good, I don't even have to say that to you" my mom said and laughed a little. I grabbed Molly and left the apartment. Walking down the steps I bump into someone.

"Oh hey Bev" I said.

"Tara! Hey Molly" She exclaimed giving me a hug and petting Molly. We walk together till we had to split our ways. "See ya Tara bye Molly" she said.

"See ya Beverly" I replied. I through the woods. I heard yelling and thumps. I looked to my left to see a boy tumbling down. I sprinted to catch up to him. Once I reached the boy he looked like he was in bad condition. I may not like people but I'm not a monster. I rolled my eyes "come on get up" I said helping the poor boy up. We started running together. I did not dare to look back. For a heavier set kid he was pretty fast. Suddenly the boy collapsed in the water. "Get up!" I said.

"Holy shit what happened to you?" A voice said. I looked up to see four losers in the sewers.

"Well Don't just fucking stand there help us!" I spoke. Molly barked in agreement. We followed them to their bikes. Ben got on bills.

"Get on hot stuff. You think the dog can keep up?" Richie asked.

"Molly always can." I said getting on the back of Richie's bike. I held onto his waist and he started peddling. I got a glimpse of Stanley rolling his eyes and us. Whatever.

"I think it's great that we're helping the new kid, but we also need to think of our own safety. I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys do know that there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now as we speak, right? My mom's friend in New York City got it by touching a dirty pole on the subway. And a drop of AIDS blood got into his system through a hangnail. A hangnail! And you can amputate legs and arms. But how do you amputate a wa-- How do you amputate a waist You guys do know that alleys are known for dirty needles that have AIDS, right? You guys do know that?-" Eddie rambled.

"R-R-Richie, wait here. Come on." Bill ordered and the rest of us followed. In the pharmacy, Eddie grabs several items from the shelf to help the new kid.

"Can we a-afford all that?" Bill asked.

"That's all we got." Stanley replied holding two dollars and fifty cents. Molly quietly barked I hushed her.

"You kidding me?" Eddie spoke. Molly barked louder. "Can you shut that thing up" Eddie asked. Molly jumped on me and signaled me to go to the floor. I sat on the floor. "What are you doing? You know how many germs are-" Eddie started.

"Shut up" I said rolling my eyes drinking a juice box.

"Wait, E-E-Eddie you have an a-a-account here, don't y-you?" Bill asked

"If my mom finds out I bought all this stuff for myself... I'm spending the whole rest of the weekend in the emergency room getting X-rayed." Eddie replied.

We were interrupted by a girl entering our aisle. Beverly Marsh. She hid something behind her back.

"You okay?" Bill asked

"I'm fine. What's wrong with you?" She asked

"None of your business." Stanley sassed back.

"Well that was bitchy" I replied to Stanley's comment.

"There's a kid outside. Looked like someone killed him." Eddie explained.

"W-W-W-We need some s-s-s-supplies, but we don't have enough money." Bill said quietly. Beverly looks at us for a second, then glances at the counter with a smirk then looked at me. I finished my juice box and got up slowly.

"No" I said.

"Yes" she replied.

"No he is gross!" I said.

"Yeah he is, but you think everyone is gross" she said.

"Fuck you" I said and followed her. Molly pranced behind us.

"I like your glasses, Mr. Keene." Beverly completed.

"Yeah! You look just like Clark Kent." I said leaving on the counter flirtatiously.

"Oh. I don't know about that." He chuckled.

"Can I try them?" Bevelry asked

"Mmm. Sure." He chuckles handing them over.

"What do you think?" She asked.

"Well, how about that? You look just like Lois Lane." He spoke.

"He is totally right!" I said leaning more against the counter.

"Well, here you go." She spoke and 'accidentally' pushes several packs of  cigarettes over. "Shoot. I'm so sorry." She apologized.

"It's okay." He said Leaning down to pick them up. Beverly then glances over her shoulder at Bill, Eddie, and Stan. Stanley's face was red as a tomato. The boys immediately run out while Mr. Keene isn't looking. Beverly pays for her tampons than we both leave the store laughing.

"What a perv" I said.

"Tell me about it" she said. I saw bill come out of the ally. He looked star struck. I rolled my eyes.

"See ya!" I said to Beverly than ran to the ally way letting bill and Beverly have there moment.

"Just suck the wound." Richie spoke.

"I need to focus right now." Eddie argued.

"You need to focus?" Richie mocked Eddie.

"Yeah I do asshole, can you go get me something?" Eddie asked.

"What do you need?" Richie asked. "Go get my bifocals. I hid 'em in my second fanny pack." Eddie spoke.

"Why do you have two fanny packs?" I asked.

"I need to focus right now and it's a long story. I don't want to get into it." He said fastly. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, gosh, he's bleeding. Oh, my gosh!" Stanley said.

"Really? No way. He is bleeding?! I would have never know unless you announced it. Thank you so much" I said sarcastically. Stan opened his mouth but got cut off my Bev.

"Ben from soc?" Bevelry asked walking up to us.

"Are you okay? That looks like it hurts." She spoke.

"Oh. No, I'm good. I just... fell." He said shyly. 

"Yeah. Right into Henry Bowers." Richie commented.

"So thats what happened" I said.

"Sh-shut up r-r-Richie" bill stuttered

"Why? It's the truth." Richie shrugged

"You sure they got the right stuff to fix you up?" she said winking

"You know, uh we'll t-t-take care of him. Uh, t-t-thanks again, Beverly and Tara." Bill said

"Sure. Maybe we will see you around." She smiled.

"Yeah, we w-w-w-were thinking about going to the quarry tomorrow, if you both w-w-wanna come." Bill said. I side eyes Beverly but she nudged me

"Good to know. Thanks." She said and we said goodbye to them all. Molly walked on the right side of me.

❤️❤️❤️
Why am I such a bad writer? Whatever 🤞🏾