Chapter 9: Club House

Tara pov
We walked into the woods and Ben opened a hatch. Beverly went down first. I tied Molly to a tree because I did not know how to bring her down. Then I went down Soon everyone was down.

"What the dick is this? How'd you build it?" Richie asked.

"Here and there, I geuss." Ben said.

"Its cool, but gross" I said

"It is great Ben" Beverly complemented

"Thanks Bev, It was already dug out so all I had to do was reinforce the walls, get some uh get some um wood for the roof doors and that's pretty much it!" Ben said smiling with a blush. I pressed my lips together trying not to laugh. "Pretty good for my first time huh?" He asked as he leaned on a pillar making some of the roof fall. That is when I lost it I started laughing

"Now that's a cool feature. What happens if you put your hand on the other pillar professor." Richie said. My laughing died down but it was still there.

"Ok you see this is exactly why there are safty codes, why there are permits!!! This place is a death trap, you understand that." Eddie said.

"Look it's a work in progress, ok Eddie." Ben said quietly.

"Just so you know if I get hurt you are reliable- and also what is this? A switchmen Iron Maiden?" Eddie asked.

"That's a flashlight when it turns on it goes bright" I spoke sarcastically.

"What is that a house hitch? When do you have horses down- oh this is cool." Eddie said picking up a paddle ball.

"That was like three dollars so be careful with that please." Ben said but we all knew that Eddie would break it.

"I hade one of these. Hey Stan you see this?" Eddie asked bouncing the ball on the paddle near Stanley's face.

"Ok can you Mabey not?" Stan said moving back a little.

"Mabey not what yeah yeah hold on Mabey not what Mabey not what be us and have fun and celebrate the manic of the paddle balllll" Eddie said then the ball broke of the paddle and the paddle hit Stanly in the face.

"Karmas a bitch" I muttered under my breath but I geuss Stan heard me because he looked at me. (An: Jojo Siwa who?? Plz tell me you get it🤞🏾)

"Wow, oh good going fuck-nut you broke his thing." Eddie said.

"I broke it?" Stanly said defensively and confused.

"Yeah, you broke it with your stupid face." I muttered but it was loud enough for everyone to hear it

"Tara is right!" Eddie agreed

"What?" Stanly asked

"I'm not putting my fucking hand down there." Eddie said.

"Then don't" I said shrugging my shoulders. We all agreed to bring stuff to help this 'death trap' in Eddie's words, to become more lively. Later everyone was down and set up. There was a hammock, radio, signs, pictures, rhinestones, and other stuff. Stanly pulled the box of shower caps.

"Fuck is this?" Richie asked as Stan held it for him to grab.

"So you don't get spiders stuck in your hair while your down hair.

"Stanly we are not afraid of fucking spiders." Richie argued then Stan walked away reviling all of us wearing the shower caps.

"I stand corrected." Richie said, as soon as he said that Eddie took his shower caps off fast.

"that's a first." Beverly laughed

"Hey Rich your ten minutes are up." Eddie stated.

"What are you talking about?" Richie asked.

"About the Hammock, ten minutes was the rule." Eddie stated.

"I don't see a sign." Richie stated.

"Are you being this way right now?! No no no no no! Why would there be a sign if It was a verbale agreement!" Eddie argued. I looked over to Mike and saw him on the swing chair thing smiling at the two. I got up and walked toward him. I sat down in front of him and he started playing with my hair as we watched the two endlessly bicker.

"I see your vagina." Richie said. I looked around till Ben and Beverly caught my attention.

"You're oddly good at this new kid." Beverly said to ben who was hammering a nail into the roof.

"You really think so?" Ben asked blushing. Man he was bad at hiding his crush "There is actually a summer program in bar harbor, teaches you everything about architecture. Thinking of a plan." Ben said.

"I'll do that. I'll do anything to get the hell out of Derry." Richie said.

"Yea, when I graduate I'm going to Florida." Mike said.

"Why? What's in Florida Mike?" I asked

"I don't know, I geuss it's just a place I always wanted to go." Mike replied with a sweet smile.

"Stan you should go with Mike to Florda, you already act eighty. You clean up with all the grandmas." Richie said making us all laugh except Stanly.

"Do you guys think that we will still be friends?... when we are older?" Stanly asked.

"What?" Eddie asked.

"Why wouldn't we be?" Mike asked.

"Plenty of reasons Mike" I said

"Do any of your parents hang out with any of there friend from middle school?" Stanly asked.

"I would be shocked if my mom had friends in the first place" I laughed.

"Things might be different, we all might be different." Stanley said.

"W-we will all s-still be fr-friends. I don't t-thi-think that just g-g-gose away when we get o-o-old-older." Bill said.

"Yea Stan come on, you don't have to be so, sad." Beverly said. After a little we all started leaving. Me and Beverly were walking away.

"Tara wait" I heard a voice from behind me.

"Here I will leave you to talk there seems to be some tension" Beverly said walking away leaving me Stan and Molly standing in the woods.

"Well what do you want prick" I asked.

"I want to explain myself princess" he said. The nickname made my stomach feel weird and my face felt hot.

"What's with the sudden confidence Stan?" I asked

"Well you see when I said that stuff to Eddie I was just embarrassed beca-" he started

"Embarrassed of me?" I asked

"Yes-" he spoke and I scoffed. "Wait-No! I" he stammered.

"Just spit it out" I said

"Cause I like you!"  He yelled. My eyes widened.

"Oh" I said.

"Yeah 'Oh'." He said. "I did not tell you because-" he started

"Because I'm crazy?" I asked

"Yes-Wait no! No no no that-That's not what I" he stammered

"I know I was just messing with you" I laughed. "Ok Mabey im a little crazy but I know you don't think that... fully" I laughed.

"Can I walk you home?" He asked

"Sure I'd like that prick" I laughed and he rolled his eyes. We walked our bikes to my apartment with Molly In between us. He dropped me and Molly off.

"See ya T" he smiled.

"Hey Stan?" I spoke

"Yeah?" He asked

"I like you to" I winked at the boy before shutting it.

❤️❤️❤️
I love Mike and Tara's friendship🤞🏾