Mr. McLean

Hi y'all! this is my first story here, so all comments accepted.

This would also be my first time writing a fanfiction, so all you percabeth ppl lmk if I'm doing something wrong, 'kay? Love y'all already!

Piper was bringing over some of her camp friends today. This was a big thing, because she never brings friends home. As I was checking everything, the doorbell rang. When I opened the door, Piper was standing outside with 8 other people. "Dad, this is my boyfriend Jason, and these are Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Calypso, Leo, Frank, and Hazel." "Hello Mr. McLean," Annabeth said. "Hello-" "Annabeth, dad has an awesome statue collection. Wanna see?" Piper interrupted me, probably sensing my lack of conversation, which I am grateful for. I lead them to the statue gallery. 

--setting change--

"This is the Greek section, the Roman, the Norse, the Egyptian, the Indian, and some other contemporary statues. I'm particularly fond of this one," I add, pointing to a statue of a shocked person. Percy frowned, then paled, then smiled. He whispered something to Annabeth. Grover lifted his nose a bit and sniffed. Then he was trying to suppress a smile. I didn't understand. What was so funny? 

"What's the name of this statue, Mr. McLean?" Calypso asked. But Percy beat me to the reply. 

"The Poker Player."

"Yes," I say, puzzled. "Are you a collector too?". "No," he replied, "But my mother made that statue and modeled it after my first stepdad."

Oh. 

I had bought a statue from the mother of one of Piper's friends.

I wasn't sure how to take that.

Jason's POV

I frown at Percy when Mr. McLean leaves. "Medusa?" I ask. He said yes, and later in Piper's room, he, Annabeth, and Grover go into full detail about their first quest. 

I'm jealous.

That kid won against Medusa and Ares. 

When he was 12.

With barely any training.

28/03/24

A/N: I took this down after I was embarrassed by it, but I made some edits and now I think it's much better. I've left the original details alone, comment what you think of this little story. Thanks for reading, Astoria <3