Taylor Reagan

Hi! I'm Taylor, and dad always said that I have a natural beauty that I shouldn't hide. My jet black hair goes really well with my sky blue eyes, it makes them pop. I know I look young in this photo (the pic above) but dad said it was from when I was ten and still oblivious. I go to Ash High School, I'm almost fourteen now. I'm also really, really popular. I don't like the stereotypes about popular girls though. It pushes on some gender expectancies, like the one that says I should be rich, and rude, and blonde. But I'm actually quite the nerd.

My mom tried to enroll me into pageants, but I flat out refused once I was old enough to. I don't like saying this, but my mom's really stupid. She thinks that because I'm pretty, I should be popular, rude, have multiple boyfriends, marry a rich guy, and just not care about my studies.  It's not fair.

At AHS (Ash High School) I have two other best friends, Ashley and Tara. They're almost-twins, Ashley was born ten minutes to midnight and Tara was born ten minutes past midnight. They have caramel hair and hazel eyes. They do not like studying as much as I do. We all have ADHD and dyslexia, but I can read pretty fast despite my setbacks. 

AHS really is a great school. The teachers all love me, possibly because I'm so studious, but mostly because I'm nice to people in general, it's a part of my personality. 

We have a new student at school today, and as expected I will be the one to greet them. As I head towards the office, I realise two students are bickering. "No, you cannot sweet talk your way into this school, Piper! I was sent here for a reason." "Yeah, and you always bring in more recruits, Thalia! We almost never get a new guy camper because you've usually scared them off! Mom's pissed at me, so we need to work together here, got it?" I clear my throat. "Um, hi? I'm Taylor Reagan, your guide for today. I was told we had a new student, but it appears I was misinformed," I say shyly. The girls immediately stop arguing and I take a closer look at them. 

The girl on the right, Thalia I think, has jet black hair, a bit like mine, pulled back in a ponytail (Imagine she grew her hair out because she couldn't stand going to a barber and having guys hit on her while she got her hair cut. I realise the Hunters could do it for her, but just imagine) and was wearing a black tank top with dark blue jeans. She also had a silver band running across her forehead. It was simple yet regal, with a blue stone in the middle. The girl on the left, Piper, she had long brown hair in a braid, with a feather woven in at the end. She had kaleidoscope eyes that I could not describe the colour of, and both had a tan. Piper looked as though she had some Native ancestors, judging by her browner skin tone. 

"Yeah, I think they forgot about me, I joined last minute. I'm Piper, and this is Thalia. We're new here." Piper said.

"No problem! Do you have your schedules?" I ask cheerily. "Yeah, we compared. Beauty Queen has the same schedule as me. Math first, then history, lunch, chemistry, geography, and math again." Thalia doesn't look happy to be here, but she puts on a smile. "Then we're in the same classes as well!"

---skip to lunch with Zoe at the dam snack bar---

"Thalia! Piper!"

I wave over my two new friends over to my table. AHS doesn't have many bullies, and spoiled kids usually find themselves either expelled or sitting together in a corner. Over here, we aren't afraid to stand up to meanies. 

As the duo make their way to my table, they earn a lot of looks from the single guys. New students always do, but I think you can figure out what kinds of stares they were from the description of them I gave you (I honestly don't know if that's correct english, I'm just glad to be writing again). 

"Ash, Tara, this is Piper and Thalia, the two new students I told you about. Thalia, Piper, meet Ashley and Tara, the two almost-twins in our school." I introduce. "Almost-twins?" Piper asks, puzzled. "I was born ten minutes to midnight and Tara was born ten minutes after midnight," Ashley explains. "Our mom loves us, and calls us her little gods. Artemis and Apollo were twins, and so are we, so she nicknamed us that," Tara adds. At this, Piper frowns, whispers something to Thalia, and they both straighten.

"Okay, Tara, Ashley, and Taylor, we think you might be...demigods." She whispers the last part, and casts a furtive glance around, almost as though she's afraid of someone attacking. "We'll explain when we reach a safer place," Thalia soothes us, and we step out into the sunlight. Thalia pulls out a weird phone (That's a demiPhone, from the brand iLeo, because Leo invented it and the Hephaestus cabin mass produce it. Five drachmas per item for a demigod, free for their mortal parents, and then they make specially mortal copies to fund quests. iLeo is now a popular brand with bases all over NYC.) and dials a number. "Lester, get your useless butt over here, we think we've got two of yours." A few minutes later, a red maserati pulls up. "Thalia, my favourite cousin, how's life?" The blonde guy inside calls. Piper frowns. 

"How are five demigods and you going to fit in a maserati? School bus mode please, and Thalia's not driving this time." "I'll be glad not to drive," Thalia mutters.

----they reach camp and this skip is sponsored by ROFL----

Wow! I'm a daughter of Aphrodite, and Ash and Tara are daughters of Apollo. We got claimed as soon as we walked into CHB, and Thalia offered us a spot in her Hunters (Again, idk and idc if correct english). The three of us were Ace, so we didn't mind, but the others had a laugh over it. A daughter of Aphrodite, uninterested in love. Now, I fight alongside women who respect those who respect them, and I could not be happier with my new, sort-of immortal life.

word count: 1067

YEAAAAA I FINALLLY POSTED SOMETHING!!!! I'm sorry for not posting in a really long time, but I am recovering from my writer's block at last! I am working on my next chapter for The Last Time, and I am so sorry, it has been too long since I picked it up, so I forgot the plotline, and now I'm rewriting it, except the age limit is wayy higher, and I'M SO SORRY MY VIEWERS WHO WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! Read the A/N I will post with Chapter two to figure out if the book is for you or not. Pls vommet, Thanks for reading, Astoria <3

29/04/24