Gary Belton

Dirty blonde hair, clear blue eyes, all the girls in school were drooling over me. I don't blame them. I'm pretty hot. I check in the mirror every day three times a day (this narcissist is too much). I dumped Natalia or whatever her name was (NATASHA). She cried a bit, ran away, the usual. Meh. I headed toward my gym class. I groaned, because let me tell you, Coach Hedge in gym first thing in the morning, every Monday is not something you want to do in Goode High.

-----setting change-----

"Okay, cupcakes, we've got a sword fighting class today. No idea why, but the principal said so. A camp from Long Island has generously sponsored us and sent us some practice swords and a teacher. Line UP," Coach yells. Sir I'm-so-great Jackson is raising is hand. "You can use yours, Jackson," he says without skipping a beat. 

I'm about to make a comment when the hottest girl in the whole damn world walks in. She cannot be older than us, but her honey-blonde princess curls are pulled back in a ponytail, and her grey eyes are STUNNING. The girl surveys the room and says, "Listen up, wimps. I'm your instructor for today, Annabeth. I may be a girl, your age, and a bit shorter, but let me warn you; I do not take any of your crap. If you piss me off, I will not hesitate to make you cry. Got it?"

"I can make you cry in a different way," I offer, giving her my swoon-worthy grin (srsly, how full of himself is this guy?) that no girl has been able to resist. But she walked up to me and judo-flipped me without any difficulty. How'd she even do that? 

"I repeat, I will not tolerate any crap from you wimps. Next time, you might break a bone," she hisses and then calls out, "Jackson will help me demonstrate the basics." I grin, because he is so  going to get his butt kicked. But Percy only smirks and enters the ring. Around me, people are making bets on how long he'll last. I bet twenty bucks on less than a minute. To my surprise, when they start fighting, I'm hardly able to keep up with them. The fight goes on for about five minutes before coach calls a draw. They stop, not even panting or breaking into a sweat. 

"Partner up. Percy and I will walk around and correct you."

"Why Percy?" some kid yells from the back.

"Because Percy goes to our camp," Annabeth said matter-of-factly. 

At the end of class, I go up to her. 

"Hey Annabeth. You. Me. My house. 7."

I turn around, only to see Jackson behind me, clearly pissed. "I have a boyfriend," she replies. I arch an eyebrow. "Who's this guy? I bet I can take him." Annabeth looks at me amused, pulls Jackson to her, and then kisses him. 

I don't see Percy again. 

His hot girlfriend disappeared with him too. 

That's how I met Percabeth. I still hate them.

word count: 504

yay, y'all made it this far! Next one should be about Percabeth, Jiper or Caleo? Lemme know in the comments. (vote 4 me too pls) Thanks for reading, Astoria <3

03/04/24