March 9th

"What are you- Winnie what the fu-" Brooke begins- watching as I tear down my room looking for my journal.

I'm currently underneath my bed- looking but I see NOTHING and it's freaking me out.

Shit- shit- shit- what if it's in the wrong hands? What if someone finds out- what if they tell Brooke?

"Shit.." I hear her mutter before I can even tell her what I'm looking for she says, "babe, get up- hold on I'll be back" and even if I'm busy with freaking out and being confused I blush.

I do what she said- still confused and slip out from underneath my bed- just as I do that she appears back in my room- arms behind her back.

"Promise you won't be mad" she begins slowly, "or if you do it's complete understood but... promise?"

"Brooke I'm going through a crisis right now-" I begin and then she pulls her arms from behind her back and extends them and she's holding my journal.

I gasp- "h-how?" I ask, taking it into my hands- then I blush because I realize something, "you read it didn't you?"

She shifts uncomfortably- fuck, my crush made her uncomfortable this is why I didn't-

"I didn't think you could get cuter until I read that- god I like you too much" she blushes, like actually blushes.

"I-I- you like me?"

"Read the end of your entries" she says, "I uh- gotta get back to school before Jack finds out I was out in the first place".

She bolts out my room leaving me both confused, embarrassed and excited all in one and then she darts back in and before I can question why plants a kiss on my cheek, "see you after school?" She asks.

"Mhm" I hum. I'm definitely on cloud nine right now.

"Okay" she giggles, then she actually leaves.

...

This book is basically a hunch if fluffyyyyyyyy anyways, hope you guys liked this short little journal romance (that I wrote in one night- my excuse, if it sucks)- I was definitely inspired by "A SERIES OF LETTERS TO MY VERY STRAIGHT CRUSH" and "EVERYDAY" and then my own personal experience with a girl like Brooke (who I never dated but we were alway more than friends but less than lovers. I know she liked me- both of us were just too scared to make a move) so this book is literally all the things I wish I'd said to that particular girl.

J (will NEVER out your name our because face it, you always find me in my most embarrassing moments- like on my secret TikTok or my spam wattpad acc), thank you for being my first love and first lesson so I can write this super corny, super cute and innocent romance of my dreams. <3

. .
T A L E Y I A H