CHAPTER FORTY THREE

Aiden Williamson

Slowly and carefully I laid her on the bed making sure not to wake her up.

Seeing her in my arms, safe and peaceful just gave me another life.

She was sleeping so innocently for the first time after I met her. Every night I hear her crying and shouting due to nightmares and night terrors. My heart ached with pain at her every single cry for help but I could not help her. I promised to keep her safe but I could not save her from her nightmares!

Tonight when I saw a Russian guard lying dead in my house and she wasn't around, I felt my whole world shattering at my feet.

I could not tell how devastated my heart felt at the thought of losing her again.

I could not imagine what I would have done to Dmitry if he laid his hands on Hazel.

My hazel!

Flashback

Terry and I were in my secret room looking for the gift grey left for us on my laptop, suddenly the thought of Hazel struck me.

A Russian guy was lying dead in my house, which I certainly sent by Dmitry. Then I remembered Hazel's text message.

"Terry, track my car right now!" I shouted.

The last thing I want right now is Dmitry kidnapping Hazel!

I did underestimate Dmitry!

"Why? What happened?" he asked while tracking my car.

"Hazel...hazel is not around. She said she was going to meet someone. I don't have a great feeling about this!" I told him.

"I'll track her you go and check maybe she has come back?" He suggested.

I went outside my room calling guards and checking every corner of the house.

But no she wasn't in the house!

No one saw her coming back!

"What happened, Aiden?" Mary asked looking at my devastated state.

"Have hazel called you?" I asked.

"No! I haven't seen her since the dance!" she said.

"Why are you asking what happened to her?" she asked almost crying.

"She went to see someone but didn't come back!" I said.

"No! It's my fault you told me to keep an eye on her!" she cried.

"No it's not your fault, don't worry we'll find her!" I assured her.

"The car's location is of some old cemetery" Terry shouted while running towards me.

"Get the cars ready!" I ordered the guard.

"Let me come with you," Mary said.

"No! We don't know what's there! We can risk taking you there!" I told her.

"Please!"

"Just be here! We'll bring her back" I assured myself more than her.

"Don't come without her!" she ordered while wiping her tears.

I nodded.

"Let's go!" I said to Terry.

My heart was beating insanely all the way to the cemetery.

My mind was showing me heart-wrenching images of hazel no matter how hard I tried to brush them off.

Suddenly it started raining.