twenty one

I just want to say a quick thank you to you guys for getting this story to 30k, and for giving me the chance to write for you all! I love you, enjoy...

"Tess... I need to speak with you." I was snapped away from the sight of the weathered wood to only meet my eyes with Sam.

I nodded, pushing myself up. In an hour we were leaving to go back to Isla Nublar, and the whole time I had my thought on the people I would meet.

"In a couple weeks I turn eighteen..." please tell me she isn't saying what I'm thinking.

"Sam if you are thinking of moving in with Z-" her eyes widened.

"No! No I'm not! No, No, No, No!" she chuckled awkwardly. "Tess. I want to join the military."

I felt my breathing catch in my throat, my heart started to thump rapidly. No, No, No she can't! I can't run the risk of losing her like I lost dad! I blinked, taking a deep breath.

"The m-military?" she nodded, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Yes! This has been my dream since I was to be like dad, I want to save people." she smiled to herself, most likely thinking of dad.

"Sam, I-"

"Tess. You have to let me do this, I want to do this." she grabbed my arms, looking at me with firm eyes.

What if I lose her? I asked myself. I couldn't loose her, she was my baby sister, she was all I had. I watched her grow up, I watched her take her first steps with dad, I colored with her. If I lost her, then I would lose everything.

You need to let her go. I heard inner Tess. She was right, I needed to let Sam do what she wanted. I needed to let her be independent, I needed her to explore the world outside of Isla Nublar.

"Please let me go..."

"Alright." I croaked, feeling tears in my eyes. I always thought of my sister working here at the Island, training Triceratops like she always told people about.

"Tess, you don't have to worry! Most of the women that join the military do Intel, so I will most likely work my way up to that."

"You better, or I will personally come kick your ass. Besides, you need to finish earning your GED." she chuckled

"I'm almost done, though. Also, I would have to fill out paperwork and such then enlist. I'm planning on applying for the Marines, just like dad." I let out a breath, keeping the smile on my face.

"Alright." I smiled, pulling her into a tight hug. She let go, smiling at me widely. I sat back in my chair, and Sam sat in the one next to me. I saw her pull her phone out, looking at me.

"In a couple of months I sure as hell am going to miss Supernatural." I laughed, looking at her.

"What about Sherlock? Or D-" she shushed me, giggling to herself. I rolled my eyes, laying back in the seat.