twenty two

"Excuse me, who are you?" I asked, hobbling out of the elevator. The woman smiled, pointing towards my left. The music paused, allowing me to see Lowery and two other women behind him.

"Emily, Emily Azure." She stuck a hand out towards me. I nervously grabbed it, shaking firmly.

"Tess Williams, nice to meet you." I heard the closing of the elevator.

"The pleasure is mine!" she chuckled, running a hand through her short brown hair. I saw that it had streaks of teal scattered throughout.

"Tess!" I looked over at Lowery, seeing him smile. The women behind him glanced at me, smiling.

"Hello! I'm Gena Grey." a woman walked towards me, smiling. She hair was a dark, mulberry purple color and her eyes were a light green.

"Tess." I said, shaking her hand also. The other woman walked up, smiling widely.

"I'm Mary Palmer, but people call me Palmer!" she pulled me into a hug, crushing shoulders into the crutches. She let go, stepping back. She had dark brown hair that was mid-length, and her eyes were dark brown.

"Will do." I replied, rolling my shoulders slightly. I heard the ding of the elevator, and the other interns came out with their suitcases in tow.

"Tess!" I groaned, looking at the brunette. He smiled, beckoning her towards Emily, Sam, and himself. I stopped besides Owen, moving my crutch away from my armpit to lay my right arm on his back.

"-You watch Sherlock and Supernatural too?!" the blonde in front of us asked in disbelief. I leaned my head onto Owen's arm, feeling him lay his arm on my shoulders.

"I never miss an episode... I'm guessing you're Sam, I have heard a lot about you from Lowery over there." I glanced over too see them speaking to the others.

"Yup! He's the only one here who even watches crap with me." I reached out to slap her arm playfully.

"Hey! You always fall asleep or leave when I'm watching it." I leaned back into Owen again.

"Ugh." I groaned, rubbing circles into Owen's rib with my hand.
"So, what has you looking like the walking dead?" Emily looked at me, seriousness laced her features. I knitted my eyebrows together, looking at Owen. He had the same look, but Sam smirked.

"Excuse me?"

"You look like you've gone through hell, all those bandages, them crutches, your hair..." I felt my hand instinctively go to my hair.

"Oh... I got this from a piece of glass, went under the skin and into the side of my knee, I also sprained this knee. A velociraptor bit me there, scratched me here," I lifted my shirt to show the cut. "Hit my head passing out here, and I didn't do my hair this morning. Well, I never do my hair."

"Damn, and you didn't stop for a signature from the Winchesters?" I groaned, letting go of my shirt and facepalming. I thought Emily was cool, but damn I didn't understand any of these quotes or references or crap.

"What exactly is your profession again?" Owen asked, distracting Emily. She looked at him with a smile.

"Veterinarian and professional fangirl." Sam gasped, flailing her arms wildly until pulling Emily into a hug. I looked at Owen, giving him an annoyed glance. He patted my shoulder, pulling me closer.

"Hey Tess!" I turned, seeing Kai gesturing me over. On the boat, he and I talked with each other for a while, and I guess we grew close. He is funny as hell and cracks the best jokes.