Chapter 7: Passionless Swapping Of Spit. Disgusting, I Know.

Passionless Swapping Of Spit. Disgusting, I Know.

CHAPTER  7

Kayla

“Yeah man I know how you want him, but he’s so mean! He’ll never let you go, why won’t he let you go?”

Silence. Matt, you have a horrible sense of harmony. Scratch that, you don’t have ANY sense of harmony.

“What, even my awesome Matchbox Twenty parody didn’t make you talk?”

Silence. That was the worst parody ever. You only just replaced a pronoun, genius.

“What was his name?”

Silence. Blithering idiot, that’s what his name was.

“Jake, wasn’t it?”

Silence. I wish I was asleep like Aaron there. Aaron was the ultimate party guy. He seriously slept in all the classes. I mean, even I slept in classes but it was kind of like a half-awake state where I just drifted through everything that was being taught. Also, I didn’t sleep because I’d been drinking half the night away, like Aaron.

“Hey Martha, wasn’t that the same guy who broke my nose when I asked Kayla to marry me?”

“That was in third grade!” I said, and bit my tongue.

“Ah! Mona Lisa finally talks.”

Silence.

“C’mon, don’t be like that Kay, you're breaking my heart.”

“Like I did when I dumped you?” I smiled evilly.

“Hey, you didn’t dump me okay, it was a mutual decision.”

I scoffed. “Yeah, right.”

“Has the fact that I’m over you got your panties in a twist?”

“You’re over me? Funny, I don’t see any girlfriends around.”

“The things I do to get you to talk. Fine, you win! I hereby lay aside my manly ego for two seconds, so that you may bask in the glory of these false assumptions.”

“Thank you! My ever-so-gracious liege! Darling Matt! I don’t know why I ever broke up with you!” I said with a hand on my chest and the other one wiping away an invisible tear.

“Well, that’s easy. Every time you wonder just remember the kisses.”

“Ewww.”

As I mentioned earlier, the spark had died, and the lovely kisses had disintegrated into a passionless swapping of spit. Disgusting, I know.

“See my point?”

“Yes. They just got so booorrringgg!!”

“Exactly.”

“Totally.”

“Stop insulting me and my kissing skills!” Matt exclaimed, highly offended.

“You insulted me FIRST!”

“Will you two lovebirds stop tearing at each others throats for a while? I’m trying to study here.” Martha said, annoyed. I think she likes Matt. She gets annoyed every time Matt and I refer to our past relationship. Just kidding. None of that drama going on here.

“Tsk. Tsk. Martha, who studies during recess?” I tried to get her to talk.

“Apparently, I do.” She deadpanned. She was good at that. One moment she could be all goody-two shoes, and the next she wore a ridiculously funky costume and told you to stop judging. Bipolar, I tell you.