3

Vanessa PoV:

I decided to go home to get some lunch as I have a free period and didn't get chance to eat at break. I never really do, during my break I mostly read, work or argue with my soon to be ex husband over the phone. On a couple of occasions he even came down to the school to shout.

It mostly ended in sex, that's all we were ever good at, well at the start anyway.

There was never any communication, trust in our relationship—most of the time it lacked love.

Never from my side though, I've always loved him very dearly. I've always thought we would have kids and grow old—I'm making myself cringe. But I think deep down I knew we wouldn't work.

The relationship was almost forced, however I just presumed we would grow to work and compromise with eachother.

We're both to similar, to arrogant and stubborn. Some of our arguments would last weeks, over something stupid most of the time but we're both too stubborn to say sorry.

We've been together since high school and got engaged as soon as we left.

I think that's where our problems started. I always said I wanted children and so did he. But as I got older I realised that isn't something I wanted. It just doesn't fit into the way I want to live.

But even throughout all the arguments I have never done anything I regret, I just stayed in bed or worked while he went out drinking.

I've only ever been with one man, him and he's only been with me. Thats what I thought anyway.

About two years ago we were in an argument, he forgot his lunch, so being the good wife he said I wasn't the night before, I decided to drop off his lunch at work, hoping we could work it out while I was there.

When I walked into his office I saw him with his face buried in between his secretary legs. I was shocked, I knew he was mad but I never thought he would cheat on me.

I left with his lunch, I didn't think he was hungry considering he was eating when I walked in.

I decided to stay considering he told me it was only a one time thing, what would I really get out of leaving him, he always told me I would never find someone better and I believed him.

He sometimes told me that's the affair was my fault because I didn't let him touch me most nights and we went long periods of time without having sex.

I couldn't help it, I was always extremely tired and it just wasn't something I wanted to do after getting home from work late.

He finished work early but he still refused to cook so I had to cook and clean and he thought he was going to get lucky.

After that I never really fully trusted him, he would always hide his phone and stay out late, but he just told me I was being paranoid and that I should trust him.

I think that's why I'm so 'cold and bitchy' now as my students would describe me. I never truly opened up to him after that and that caused some serious problems with communication.

About six months ago I found out he was cheating on me again, this time with my sister.

When I found out I invited both of them over for dinner and when they arrived I told them I knew. They both denied it but when I showed them a video of them making out behind a bar which had been sent to me by my friends, they shut up quite fast.