5

Tw- mention of abuse

Arabella's PoV:

The rest of my classes went by quickly. Probably because I just stared out of the window not paying attention to anything around me.

I walk towards detention but I'm stopped when somebody jumps in front of me. I expected it to be Erin but it was Taylor.

"Heyyyy" she says as she moves from in front of me and walks beside me.

"Hello are you okay?" I say getting closer to the detention room.

"Yeah I just wanted to know if you can hang out sometime this week?" She says as she stops causing me to aswell.

"Errr yeah sure I'll message you when I can, I have detention all week though so it might be a bit later if that's okay?" I ask honestly hoping she will say she can't because I'm to tired when I get out of detention and just want to go home. I'm too shy to tell her that and I don't want to hurt her feelings though.

"Yh sure that's fine I'll wait for you" she says as a smile appears on her face.

We carry on walking and talking. She says something that actually makes me laugh quite loud, as i do so I look up to see Mrs fox leaning against the door peering at us.

I look at Taylor indicating we have to part. As I slowly walk away, still looking back at her she smiles and reaches out her arms. She wraps them around my neck and I freeze. After a few seconds I put my hands around her waist hugging her back and a smile creeps up on my face.

We stay like that for a few seconds and once she lets go I do to.

I start walking towards Mrs fox as she was still standing there. My head faces the floor and my face goes red. I don't know if it's from yesterday or because she just saw me and Taylor hugging.

I finally look up and she glared down at me. She's not that much taller but there definitely a difference, probably because of her heels.

I head into detention before she says anything, I was dreading talking to her. Maybe she forgot. Like she might have short term memory loss—okay now I'm being to delusional.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's about twenty minutes left and we haven't spoken a word. She didn't even tell me to get out my homework. She just expected me to do it.

I look up at her, examining her. Today she is wearing a white long sleeve button up. A couple of the buttons are undone causing some cleavage to show. It's tucked in to her long black trousers, loosely at the front and tight at the back. Her heels are barely visible, but I still notice them, they're pointy.

Her hair is in a messy bun that sits in the middle of her head it wasn't at the start of the day. It was curled and down. But I'm guessing she got annoyed and tied it up.

I notice her hands as she types, they're veiny, very veiny. She still has her wedding ring on but considering the phone call it probably won't be on for much longer.

The door crashes open and I instantly look away as I jump a little. A middle aged man comes into the room carrying two boxes in his hands. He must be strong.

"Do you have to destroy my classroom" she looks up and says to the man with an attitude. Seriously what is up this woman's ass.

They continue talking for a second about a new delivery and then he turns to leave.

She gets up walking over to the boxes she gets one putting down of the left side of her desk then heading towards the back of the classroom. Towards a book shelf.

"Do you mind getting the other box and putting it on my desk" she says and she sorts the books out on the shelf.

"No please?" I ask with a smirk on her face. When I turn around my face goes blank instantly when she doesn't look amused.

I walk over to the box picking it up. It's heavier than I thought. I place it on her desk accidentally knocking her mug on the floor and smashing it.

The sound of the mug hitting the floor is familiar. I think back to a couple of years ago just after my dad died. My mom had started drinking again and this time it was worse.

She had also been taking things but I was too young to know what they were. The house was always a mess as she refused to clean it. Most of the time I did it and I remember one night she was sitting in the living room drinking and smoking, probably drugs as well and I was to cleaning up the dinner I made.

Washing the dishes I accidentally dropped one of the cups, causing it to smash against the floor.

I heard my mom from in the living room swearing and shouting, I tried my best to clean it up before she came in, using my hands.

The glass cut into my hand causing me to bleed all over the floor.

My mother walked into the kitchen looking down at the mess I had made. She stared shouting and grabbed me by the hand dragging me off the floor.

Her hands scraped against my open wounds and she dragged me over the glass. A couple of shards went into my foot and I bit my lip trying not to scream causing her to be angrier.

She tugged me upstairs and put me in my room. She began to hit me claiming that I'm 'ruining her life' and that she wishes I died instead of my father.

I tried not to cry or get angry as I knew she didn't mean it, it was just the drugs talking.

I felt my chest close as I sat on the floor next to Mrs fox's desk. My head was spinning and I thought i could see my mom coming towards me.

That night she locked me in my room and refused to let me out until the next morning. I had bruises all over my face and glass still in my hands and feet.

"I'm sorry please don't hurt me, I'll clean it up right away" I started collecting the mug in my hands before dropping it when it entered my skin. I sat back against her desk and buried my head in my knees begging for her not to hurt me. I knew I deserved it but it really hurt.

"Please don't hurt me mom I'm sorry it was an accident" I plead. Shaking my head. The tears start falling down my face and my hand starts to bleed more.

"Darling I'm not going to hurt you it's me Mrs fox" I look up at her my eyes watering and I burst out into tears.

Realisation strikes and I realise I am not fourteen sitting on the floor with cuts in my hands, begging my mom to let me out of my room. I'm sitting on the classroom floor against Mrs fox desk crying my eyes out.

It's been a while since I've had a flash back like that, a memory, a nightmare. This one felt to real it's almost as if I could feel the cuts from the glass.

I look down at my hands and start to sob more. It's happened again. It's all happening again. I don't know what to do, I just sit there covering myself in blood. How did I let this happen?

___________________________________