Chapter 2 - Fighting an Idiot

A/N: Winter speaks in her main language, English. She cannot understand but when someone speaks Japanese it will be in Italics to show you that it is a foreign language to her.

Winter's P.O.V

One of the guards had led me to a creek that had a waterfall. The water glistened under the starlight, the ripples blurring images of pebbles and fish under the surface. It was absolutely magical. I washed all the dirt off my skin and I wore the clothes that were given to me by one of the Ninja women. They gave me black leather shorts that were uncomfortably short for what I was used to, and they gave me a top that covered my midriff but was a little tight in the chest area. 

I wore my medium length, blonde hair down and its slight waves bounced as I walked. When I walked past a group of men, one of them couldn't take his eyes off me and I found myself suddenly wishing to be covered in dirt again. He took a swig out of a flask and looked me up and down, taking a step towards me. As he moved closer I pulled out my knives and the moonlight made them flash as the light reflected against its cold, hard metal. 

The man seemed to think better of whatever he was thinking because he backed off and I continued walking, wondering what I had done to end up in this place. I had been headed to a village that was said to only be a few days journey away when I came across all the Ninja. 

Gosh, they made me so mad inside. It was Ninja who took away my home, I had a family, friends, and now they're gone. I'm very skeptical about this Ninja, Orochimaru. He obviously just has an interest in me because of my irregular immunity.

As I started thinking about Orochimaru, I realized that I had absolutely no idea who the idiot who tackled and slapped me was. Jerk. I wanted to ask him what his name was but at the same time I didn't, who would want to start a conversation with a person who has only one tone of voice?

"Winter!" One of the guards called me. Dinner was ready, though I was skeptical, I was also really happy that Orochimaru had given me a place to stay, I've been drifting from place to place for a few months and it would be nice to finally settle down. Though, something about him definitely seemed... off.

I hurried off in the direction of men's voices and I arrived at Orochimaru's tent. It was fairly large and looked like it could hold several rooms. The guards nodded at me to enter and as I walked in. When I entered I noticed the dim light as there were only a few candles flickering in one corner. I walked forward and turned right to see a long table filled with scary looking men and women. An eerie silence came from everyone around the table, everyone, I had determined, had to be Orochimaru's elite Ninja.

"Well, you sure look different with all that grime off your face." The idiot snickered behind my back. Why, of all the people that could speak English, did it have to be this guy?!

I whirled around and came face to face with the guy who tackled me back in the forest. He had dark, onyx eyes that matched the color of his hair, it was strange because the last time I saw him I could've sworn he'd had red eyes. "You got something to say to me, say it to my face." I gave him my best glare and turned back around. I could feel his eyes staring daggers into my back.

"So she has arrived at last, she is quite beautiful don't you think Sasuke?" It was Orochimaru's voice, unfortunately, I could not understand a word he was saying, the island I grew up in was completely English, no one spoke Japanese so there were no chances to learn the language.

"What did he say?" Unable to contain my curiosity, I turned towards the idiot behind me.

"He said, 'So she has arrived at last, she is quite horrifying to look at don't you think?" He muttered, baring his teeth at me like some predatory animal.