Chapter 7 - Haku

A/N - All Akatsuki members are alive.

******

Winter's P.O.V

The position I was sitting in was the most uncomfortable position I had ever been in. I was sitting at a right angle, my back to a wall with my hands in chains above my head. Of course, I knew how to get out of them, but at the moment I couldn't. Itachi Uchiha, one of the Akatsuki members and also Sasuke's brother was about to bring me more food and water.

The food could have been better, but I wasn't about to ask for better quality food when I was a prisoner. I didn't want to upset them and then have my head sliced off. 

Due to my incompetence in the Japanese language, Itachi had been trying to teach me a little bit each day. I have always been a quick learner, and Itachi is very patient, so learning Japanese hasn't been that difficult. I'm not fluent and I won't be for quite some time, but I can at least uphold a conversation.

Hearing footsteps, I look up and see none other than Itachi Uchiha making his way downstairs towards me, holding my food. Even though the food wasn't pleasant, I was starving, and when I'm starving I would eat vegemite. 

He used the Jutsu I had watched him do earlier that unlocked my chains. I quickly brought my hands to my chest as soon as they were free and I rubbed my wrists where the chains had left red imprints on my skin. 

After the pain had subsided in my wrists I grabbed the plate of nearly inedible food like a barbarian and started scoffing it down like I was the only one in the room. When I became conscious of Itachi's gaze I swallowed slowly and tried to reduce my chewing speed tenfold. 

Itachi chuckled as he waited for me to finish my food and then went to chain my hands back up. He seemed to give a double take at the throbbing indents around my wrists and decided to give my hands a break for a little while. "The Akatsuki are ready to tell you what we need you to do." 

"What if I don't want to?" The question on the end was more of a 'Did I say this right?'

Itachi smiled and shook his head, "You don't have a choice." Giving him my best glare he restrained my hands again. 

"We will be down here in a matter of minutes, try not to miss me too much." Itachi chuckled.

"Whatever," I muttered.

As Itachi left I wondered what Sasuke was up to back at Orochimaru's place. Did he miss me? Would he come back to get me? Of course not, my conscience answered me, you guys hated each other, remember?

True to Itachi's word, I heard the sound of footsteps as all the Akatsuki members entered the room. I had learned some of their names from Itachi.

The first people to enter the room were Pein and Sasori. From what I knew, Pein was the leader. Sasori was a red headed, wooden puppet. The next two were Deidara and Tobi. Deidara had long blonde hair that hung in a high ponytail and his fringe covered his left eye. He was gorgeous to look at. Tobi wore an orange mask that covered his entire face. There was a hole over one eye so he could see out of it, but nobody knew his real identity. Another two entered, it was Itachi and his partner Kisame. Kisame reminded me of a shark. His sea blue hair stood up kind of like a small Mohawk that reminded me of a fish fin. He had gills and sharp teeth, he was altogether super creepy to look at.

The two Akatsuki members who had attacked me walked in. The memory of them chasing me was still fresh in my mind even though it was a week ago. Kakazu and Hidan. Kakazu wore a mask and was all about money. He was the main bounty hunter in the Akatsuki. Hidan had slicked-back hair that was almost a shade of light purple. His eyes were purple and he always spoke about his god, Jashin. I heard from Itachi that he was immortal, he could have his head cut off and still live.