Chapter 11 - Revelations and Rescues

Winter's P.O.V

I gasped, sitting up. "What?! What the heck Haku you can't just spring that on me!" I shouted at the not-so-human-Haku.

He looked apologetic and he put his hand on my arm and I felt a comforting sensation wrap around me. "You said you wouldn't freak out," he said with a small smile on his young face. "Oh well, it can't be helped." The comforting sensation wrapped tighter around me and my vision grew foggy. Haku's face blurred in front of me as I felt the world tip and I was out like a light.

"Many years ago, we were a great nation, living among the ninjas as an equal race." Haku's voice lifted me through the haze and I saw a thriving village full of happy people. They all had the same eyes as Haku, and they were laughing and hanging out with the ninjas. The sky was a rich blue, not a cloud in sight. "We were a wealthy people, using our talents to thrive and make ourselves known to the outside world. Many of the women were married to feudal lords and Kages, our race was the best of the best."

I saw pictures of beautiful women with Haku's eyes on the arms of powerful men, the couples all looked happy and blessed. "Of course, the happiness our race held was not meant to last." Suddenly the blue skies turned black and the ground was stained red. "Our kind was slaughtered for our gift. Our gift that once was cherished became hunted. We no longer held the fate in our hands, people wanted to change their fate. They believed our race was a curse."

Images flashed in front of me, pictures of men killing their wives, children screaming as their fathers went after them. Ninjas trapping the race in a building doused in spirits and set alight. Horrific images of Haku's race being hunted and killed. "I was the only one who escaped." Haku's voice cracked. I saw a loving mother and father looking at their child with broken hearts. They hid him just in time as ninja came and killed them.

I felt Haku's tears as the fog lifted and I wrapped my arms around him as I thought about the images Haku had just sent through my mind. "What was-is your gift?" I asked the boy with eyes as golden as the sun.

His eyes looked into mine as he whispered, "The Akatsuki want to use my gift for their well being, I refuse to allow them to use it... but I'm positive they will try to make you use me."

"Use you? Haku I don't understand, what's your gift?" I said appalled.

"I have the gift of sight, I can see the future. I am a Seer, not human. I am the last Seer in the world and I intend to protect my gift, not a curse, with my life." Haku's eyes became determined and I didn't doubt for a second that he was telling the truth.

"I'm still a little confused, if you, Seers, could see the future, how come you guys didn't protect yourselves from the ninja?" Tears welled up in Haku's precious eyes.

"That's the only weakness to our gift of sight, we can't see our own future unless we are in somebody else's future. None of us could have foreseen our deaths, none of us knew what was coming. For some reason I trust you, Winter, you're the first human I've trusted since..."

"I understand Haku. I will protect you and your gift with my life, okay? I promise to never let any harm come to you." I finally understood why this child at such a young age seemed so experienced. Seeing horrors like that at a young age would most definitely age you. I felt an urge to protect Haku, and I would, I owed it to him.

Protecting Haku meant not following through with the plans to kill Orochimaru, I had to stay alive no matter what, I would be of no use to Haku dead. Hurry Sasuke, I need your sorry ass.

Sasuke's P.O.V

I know it's up ahead, I just know it. I have been walking in the same direction for about two days and I have this feeling that she's close. I have no idea how or why but I think she needs me. Grunting I push my legs harder and start running.