Chapter 5 - Tough But Sensitive

Winter's P.O.V

I laid in bed completely dressed and ready for the day after I woke up thinking about Sasuke. I act all tough, when really I am not. I cannot take it when I see someone suffering. Back there with Sasuke I didn't care what I looked like to him, I just wanted to make sure he was ok. Stupid jerk doesn't know how to take care of himself.

"Winter! Wake up!"

I jumped three meters. "Can you please knock?!" I shouted as I threw open the door to a very distressed Sasuke. He looked on edge and his hair was wilder than normal. "Are you okay?" I asked him. I lifted my hand to touch the bandage on his cheek and he smacked it away.

"Don't touch me, brat, I'm fine. Just not looking forward to what's coming." He replied looking like he was trying to keep from strangling me.

"What's coming? You're early, we don't start training for another few hours." I asked confused, and a little hurt.

"Just let me in? Okay? I brought paper and pens." He said, shoveling his hand through his crazy hair. 

I was so confused. Paper and pens for what?

I let him in my room and I pulled the second chair to my study desk, lighting the candle that was on the table. Shaking the match out I sat down in a chair and watched him dump paper and pens on the desk.

"What do we need all this for?" I questioned. This was really weird, was he making up for back in his room when I nursed him?

"Lord Orochimaru's orders: I am teaching you Japanese." I nearly choked on my saliva.

"So that's why you were hurt on your cheek. You totally refused didn't you?" I smiled, tilting my head in question.

He didn't meet my eyes.

I laughed and its echo bounced around the room. He glared and I shut up.

"I am doing this for Orochimaru, but so help me you annoy me. I will kill you and make it look like an accident, Winter. I swallowed and picked up a pen.

"What's first?"

------

After several hours of speaking in two different languages, I was exhausted. Sasuke had left two minutes earlier saying we would have to do this every day to keep my memory up. Fun.

Every time I got something wrong he would be really angry. He didn't use emotions but when he did he could really terrify me. I would get angry back and we would end up in a fist fight until I said something Japanese. It calmed him down because it made him believe we had made progress.

In all truth, I knew more Japanese than what he had taught me because of hearing everyone speaks it. When I was on the run and homeless I learned to speak enough to get by. 

While I was resting my head to put it at ease, my alarm went off. Training. I groaned and wished he was just as exhausted as I was.

When I arrived at the arena I saw Sasuke almost asleep against the weapon's shelf. His eyes fluttered closed.

"Sasquatch!" I called. His eyes flew open and he groaned at the sight of me.

"Do I seriously have to deal with you again?" He started to bash his head against the weapon's shelf.

I looked around, there was no one here watching the fight. We could do whatever we wanted.

"I don't like this as much as you do. How about we call off training today and do something different?"

I put my daggers on the floor to show I was serious and not tricking him into losing the fight. He pulled his blade out and set it on the floor.

"What did you have in mind?"