5: What The Hell

After completing a vigorous jog, Chan relaxed on a nearby bench in the apartment park.
As he reached for his water bottle his attention was diverted by the heartwarming sight of a man patiently teaching his young son how to ride a bike.

"Dad I might fall." Little boy worriedly said,
"Your dad is here son." His father chuckled softly holding his cycle.

Chan's eyes welled up as he drifted away his gaze.

"I am pregnant." Hayun answered, her head bowed down.

"That's good news... Why do you want to cancel the wedding?? I am not going to leave you and our child if that's what you--"

"It's not your child... Chan."  Hayun's words sent Chan in another galaxy as his eyes widened.

"What...?" The words couldn't even escape his mouth as he looked at Hayun holding his breath.

"I cheated on you..."

"What are you even saying, Hayun?" Chan swallowed harshly, his voice thick with emotion as tears threatened to choke him.

"I... I'm pregnant with Mingyu's child... I'm sorry..." Hayun's voice trailed off, her lips pursed as she fidgeted with her fingers nervously.

Chan's steps faltered, his heart sinking as he felt his entire world shatter before him.

"My frie... my friend Mingyu?" Chan's voice wavered, disbelief coloring his words.

"I loved you, but then..." Hayun's voice was barely a whisper.

"Are you trying to justify cheating, Hayun?" Chan's brows furrowed in anger as he snapped, his emotions running high.

"No... if I had wanted to, I could have hidden this from you and passed the baby off as yours, but I didn't want you to get hurt..." Hayun mumbled, looking down, and flinched at Chan's sudden outburst.

"Lucky me! Thank God I had you in my life!" Chan's voice cracked as he shouted, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Chan, please, I'm sorry, but..." Hayun's voice pleaded, but Chan's next words cut through the air like a knife.

"You really waited until our wedding day to throw this in my face!" Chan pressed his fingers to the bridge of his nose in frustration, unable to face Hayun. "You know what the worst part is? I always wanted a family with you... but you never wanted a baby, so I always respected that. And now..." His voice trailed off, his lips trembling as he struggled to hold himself together.

Chan squinted his eyes as the bright sunrays fell on his face. He sniffed as got up sighing out heavily.

"Regretting over who I fell in love is not going to get my flop business start. Let's just focus on that..." Chan murmured to himself as headed back.

°∆°

"I MISSED YOU!" Hyunjin whined, wrapping his arms tightly around Chan.

"Me too... me too..." Chan chuckled awkwardly, patting Hyunjin's back as he snuggled in the hug.

"It's okay. Amazing. Ignore us." Seungmin groaned, kicking Hyunjin's feet.

"HYUNG, YOU KNOW I REALLY MISSED YOU!" Hyunjin ignored Seungmin's protest, squeezing Chan even tighter.

"He's not deaf, you dummy." Lee Know scoffed, pulling Hyunjin back by his shirt. "And I am also here, Felix, Han, and Changbin also have returned!"