11: The Repayment

Hyunjin fluttered open his eyes, observing Chan sitting by his side, lost in deep thought and worry.

"Hyung..." Hyunjin's voice brought Chan back to the present as he rushed to Hyunjin's side.

"Hyunjin, are you okay?" Chan's worry was palpable as he looked at Hyunjin.

"Yeah... Is Jiyoung okay?" Hyunjin's concern for Jiyoung was evident, but Chan closed his eyes in frustration at the mention of her name.

"Stop worrying about her, Hyunjin! Because of her, you almost lost your life. She's a fucking mafia!" Chan's irritation was evident in his tone.

"Hyung, she didn't cause us any harm..." Hyunjin weakly defended Jiyoung as he sat up.

"Hyunjin, the mafia doesn't care about anything but themselves. I hope she pays for whatever--" Chan was interrupted by Han and Changbin rushing into the room,

"What happened?" Chan asked in confusion,

"There's someone who wants to meet you." Han shared and Chan and Hyunjin both looked at each other in surprise,

Outside, Chan and Hyunjin were greeted by Jake.

"Who are you?" Chan asked, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"I am Jake. A real estate agent, and also Australian." Jake replied enthusiastically, extending his hand for a handshake.

"Why are you here, Jake?" Chan questioned, shaking hands with him.

Jake chuckled as he retrieved some documents from his bag and handed them over to Chan.

"Mr. Tom, your friend, has bought the apartment in front. Here are the documents." Jake revealed.

"What? But suddenly...?" Chan trailed off, taken aback.

"Who knows? I'm just his agent. But all your rights are transferred over to Mr. Tom. I'll be leaving now. Bye!" With that, Jake swiftly departed, leaving the group puzzled by his sudden appearance and departure.

"What a cartoon he was." Changbin scoffed, while Chan examined the papers handed to him.

"March 13th? Today is the 20th... Tom bought that apartment that early?" Lee Know questioned, growing suspicious at the date written in the documents.

"Let me call Tom..." Chan replied, biting his lips anxiously as he quickly retrieved his phone and placed the documents and cheque on the table.

"Damn, he paid well!" Han chuckled, displaying the amount to everyone, eliciting gasps of excitement from the group.

"It was Jiyoung and her brother who actually bought it under my name." Tom revealed over the phone, causing Chan's eyes to widen in surprise.
"I know they are some Italian mafia... But if Jimin knew that you tried to help who he is trying to find, then you and your friends would have been in grave danger, so we did this transfer of tenancy. Jimin won't be able to do anything to me as I am already heading back to London to meet my father who hid the fact that he's a mafia too."