9: The Confusion

"It was nothing. He was cranky all the time with me, and suddenly showed care, so I kind of felt he was a nice human. That's all. There's nothing wrong with me." Jiyoung kept mumbling to herself as she walked around the society park early morning.

"There is no way I like him. Oh god, even the thought is making me feel sick—" she shivered, shaking her head vigorously to convince herself until her eyes fell on Chan jogging around the place.

"Who the hell jogs with half sleeves!" She gasped as Chan ran, sweat glistening on his forehead and biceps, with earbuds in his ears, oblivious to Jiyoung's stare.

Woah... He's really well-built

Jiyoung licked her lips before pursing them with a heavy sigh.

Suddenly, she was startled as she felt a hand around her shoulder.

"Are you checking Chan hyung out?" Han asked, smirking at Jiyoung.

"No, boy, no! No!" Jiyoung quickly replied, clearing her throat and looking around.
"I was just checking the environment out... Isn't it lovely?"

"Sure it is, liar!" Hyunjin added, coming up on the other side and teasing her further.

"Guys, seriously, I am not checking your hyung out. Am I crazy to do it? He's not even my type..." Jiyoung defended herself, crossing her arms and avoiding looking at Chan, who, much to her disappointment, had already left.

"Ah, really? Normally girls say, Chan is my type." Han acted like a dramatic teenage girl.

"Heh? Why? He's so rude..." Jiyoung pouted, rolling her eyes, but faltering at the end.

"That he is nowadays. Otherwise, before, Chan hyung was one of the most desirable men... probably he still is." Han shared.

"He used to be so caring, wouldn't let Hayun do anything, so loving and careful..." Hyunjin added,
"But that girl Hayun literally messed up with him."

Jiyoung could feel the hatred bubbling inside Han and Hyunjin.

"The name of the devil and devil is here." Han exclaimed, pointing ahead.

Jiyoung blinked in confusion as she followed his finger, only to see Hayun and Mingyu appearing in front of Chan as he returned.

"The heck, she's Chan's ex?" Jiyoung asked, her lips twisting in disgust.
"What did he even see in her?"

"Exactly! Even we didn't like her." Hyunjin nodded aggressively.
"She was never good for Chan hyung." Han added, clicking his tongue.

Chan rolled his eyes as Hayun and Mingyu stood in front of him, and without saying a word, he began to walk past them.

"Slay, hyung!" Han chuckled, restraining himself from clapping. Jiyoung and Hyunjin felt satisfaction too.

"Chan, we need to talk." Hayun interrupted, stopping Chan in his tracks.

"No one's interested in you, Hayun!" Hyunjin muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes. Han and Jiyoung nodded in agreement.

"I am not interested, Hayun. I have better things to do." Chan retorted, about to leave.

"Listen to your ex-fiancé, Chan. It's important." Mingyu interjects, turning to face Chan and making him stop.

"Look at the audacity of him." Han scoffed, glaring at Mingyu.
"If he wasn't this mountain tall, I would have punched him." Hyunjin chimed in, closing his fist.