8: What's Wrong With Me

As the game of "Never Have I Ever" heated up, the living room buzzed with laughter. Glasses were filled with shots, and bottles of soju stood proudly in the center of the table, ready for action.

"Never have I ever been beaten up by their parents in public." Han challenged, a mischievous glint in his eye as one among them promptly took a sip from their glasses.

"Hyunjin? Seriously?" Jiyoung erupted into laughter, pointing at the slightly tipsy Hyunjin, who pouted in embarrassment.

"His mom is really strict." Han explained, earning chuckles from everyone as they glanced at Hyunjin's sheepish expression.

"She is one of the heartless women." Hyunjin sniffed dramatically, earning a teasing raise of the glass from Chan.

"I would say she's smart." Chan quipped.

"Okay, enough picking on me. It's my turn now..." Hyunjin declared, eager to change the subject. The group shifted in their seats, anticipation hanging in the air.

"Never have I ever beaten anyone." Hyunjin announced with a grin.

Two glasses were raised from the table making everyone shocked.

"Jiyoung? You had beaten someone?" Felix exclaimed in utter shock, pointing directly at Jiyoung. Her wide-eyed gaze, however, was fixed on Chan, who quickly downed his shot.

"He has beaten someone!?" Jiyoung echoed in surprise.

A chuckle, unexpected yet familiar, escaped Chan's lips as he shook his head, while the others exchanged suspicious glances with each other.

"He looks like a softie, doesn't he?" Wonhee remarked, smiling at Jiyoung.

"I don't know about softie, but—seriously?" Jiyoung muttered to herself.

"What about you? When did you beat someone?" Chan inquired, raising an eyebrow at Jiyoung, who chuckled awkwardly.

"I... once beat up a group of disgusting people..."

"Were they causing trouble for you?" Felix asked,

"No, not me. Taehyung. A group of men in Singapore once tried to harass him." Jiyoung shared, and a heavy silence fell over the room.

"You sure that's the only time?" Chan's smirk widened as he folded his hands, his gaze fixed on Jiyoung.

Why is he looking at me like this? Jiyoung wondered to herself, feeling the weight of Chan's gaze upon her.

"It's almost 12!" Wonhee clapped her hands in excitement, capturing everyone's attention.

"Oh, wow." Han gasped, quickly getting up and rushing into the kitchen.

"Where did he go?" Jiyoung asked, looking around in confusion.

"He's getting cake for two idiots." Chan answered, clearing his throat immediately and earning an eye roll from Jiyoung.

Hyunjin tapped Jiyoung's shoulder, gesturing for her to get up along with everyone else.
Han emerged from the kitchen, carrying a cake decorated with candles for each of them.

"Both of you, blow out the candles and make a wish!" Han exclaimed, excitement evident in his voice.

"Wish something good!" Chan smiled patting Hyunjin's back,

"Wow!" Hyunjin blinked like a little kid, admiring the cake. "It's so pretty!"

"Just like you." Changbin added, poking Hyunjin's cheek.