7: Mistakes Happen

The dining table setting was  a blend of awkwardness and humor, Jiyoung found herself seated among Chan and his friends, all at the request of Hyunjin.

With an awkward smile, she sensed Chan's intense gaze but chose to ignore it, opting to sit beside Hyunjin, a bit farther away from him.

"So Jiyoung-si, you are from Italy?" Han quickly said, aiming to fill the awkward silence.

"Yeah... I was adopted by an Italian.. man.. family." Jiyoung shared,

"Adopted?" Hyunjin asked, echoing the confusion shared by others around the table.

"Why the hell are they so curious?" Chan muttered under his breath,

"I was 10 I guess when adopted..." Jiyoung shared, holding everyone's attention.

"So you must have seen mafias too right? Italy is famous for mafias." Han curiously asked, stirring up an unexpected topic.

Jiyoung almost choked on her breath, but managed a smile while licking her lips.

"Please don't bring anything about mafias here." Chan strictly said, Jiyoung looked at him in confusion.

"Why... Mafias are hot..." Jiyoung muttered under her breath.

"You are not eating anything Jiyoung-a... Here take some..." Han politely intervened, serving risotto onto Jiyoung's plate.

She smiled widely at his gesture, drawing Chan's annoyed gaze.

"Thank you... Everyone is so polite here..." Jiyoung chuckled softly, her eyes meeting Chan's glare.
"Oh, you are here too."

"It's my home, obviously I'll be here." Chan retorted.

"Hmm, sure. WOAH!" Everyone flinched as Jiyoung took a bite of risotto and gasped, covering her mouth in surprise.

"What happened? Are you dying?" Chan asked, raising his eyebrows.

"This risotto is so delicious... Woah... Who made this!?" Jiyoung chimed, ignoring Chan's 'excitement'.

"Really? I made it." Lee Know shared with a proud smirk.

"I love handsome men who can cook." Jiyoung chuckled, beaming with excitement.

"Ahh, really... Then I am glad." Lee Know winked, nodding along with Jiyoung.

Chan scoffed and rolled his eyes, continuing to eat his own portion in silence.

"Who gets this excited eating risotto!?" He muttered under his breath.

"Do you all live here only?" Jiyoung asked,

"No.. it's only Chan hyung's apartment. But we all live in this society only. Like different floors." Han shared,

"If you need anything you can come to us." Hyunjin smiled at Jiyoung who chuckled nodding,

"Are we hers italian family that had to take care of her?" Chan mumbled irritatingly,

"But man being an Italian, I have to say this risotto is mind blowing!" Jiyoung chimed excitedly and shared a smile with Lee Know.

"Just pack some and take it home then." Chan suddenly said making Jiyoung roll her eyes,

"If Minho-si would say why not." Jiyoung shifted in her seat and fed herself another bite,

"Of course, anything for our Jiyoung-si." Lee Know nodded serving Jiyoung some more.