1

NATASHA

"Natasha!" I heard my mom yelling at me. Her actions are justified, and I know that. It's my fault that I'm watching cricket instead of studying for my final exam tomorrow. I know I just need to study once, and then I'll be out of school for good.

I'm a simple 18-year-old, a teenager highly obsessed with the cricketing sensation Vihaan Kapoor.

"Nats, can't you hear me?" Mom now stood in front of me.

"Sorry, mom, but Vihaan is about to hit another century. and I can't miss it at any cost." I pleaded.

"Come on, girl, that won't work. You got to study for the last exam tomorrow. After that you can watch anything you want." She was trying to persuade me, but I'm not someone who would give up so easily.

"Come on, Mom. He won't be hitting another century just because I'll be free and able to watch."

"Okay,  you are switching that off and going back to your books after that century. Am I clear?" she had her strict face on. Garima Malhotra could be serious when she wanted. But a mischievous smile escaped my lips.

"Nats, tell me what is behind that smile? Let me guess. Is Vihaan anywhere near a century? What is his score? Tell me now"

Shit, she caught me right. He had only reached 72, and here I'm waiting for his century, talking to myself.  I waited for my mom to continue.

"Mom, actually he's reached 78!  Yay! Look at that six, Mom!"

"Natasha, are you kidding me? You are waiting so long?"

"Mom, let me watch. I've finished studying. In fact, I can assure you that I'll top again" This time I was telling the truth. I'd always been the topper in my class. But my Mom was being a typical mother, over concerned about her kids' studies.

"If that is the case-" my mom started to speak, but I cut her off.

"Mom, wait another four.” I could've missed it. “Then continue."

She glared at me for a while and then continued talking.

"So I was saying that since you promised to come first, you can watch the match 'til." She stopped and thought for a while.

Noo..god make her say something more than Vihaan's century.

"Until Vihaan gets out"

Oh, now that is better.

"Thank you, mom," I said and gave her a quick hug.

"Well, let me know when he gets to the century."

"Sure thing. I would let you know when your future son-in-law reaches his hundred!" Mom glared and left.

I resumed watching the match, hoping that he doesn't get out today and also day dreaming about him. Sorry but I can't help drooling over him. I mean just look at him. Only age 22, he is so hot! Since he brought in the U-19 World Cup home, he's been successfully playing in the national side.

VIHAAN

 I was finally on 94, the score I dreaded the most. If I could score one more run somehow. I know that I could make it big yet again. When I saw the bowler smirking at me, it was obvious he knew what I wanted.  The ball came, and I did it. The next thing I knew was that the bowler was screaming for my wicket, and so were his teammates. I could say the Umpire was confused, and I stood there hoping that his finger wouldn't go up.

NATASHA

This was what I didn't want to happen. I just closed my eyes and prayed.

Oh god, please the umpire's finger should not go up. Please let him not be out.

I finally opened my eyes when I heard the crowd erupt.

The umpire was shaking his head.

"Yaaay!” I screamed.

The last ball of the over came next, and I saw my Vihaan running. Finally he had crossed 95.

"Come on, Vihaan! Now, you can make it big. It's your day now."

The next bowler come up. Vihaan then the ball went up high just to land in between the crowds. Finally the crowd erupted in joy. My Vihaan had hit his 15th century. As he removed his helmet and adjusted  his hair, he raised his bat up in the air,  smiling victoriously.

Awww, that sexy smile could kill any girl and some men.

 After that, I prayed that he wouldn't be put out that day.

Once again, my prayers were answered. The innings ended with him not out on 175. Now I wanted India to win this match so that he could walk away with the Man-of-the-Match Award.