2

Dedicated to asn923112

NATASHA

 "Mom, I'm leaving!" I screamed as I got out of my house.

"You better top this exam," I heard her yell behind me. I knew she was serious about that. After all I was the one who promised her that, and that too just because I wanted to watch my Vihaan play. I was not much concerned about that though.  For all I know I was brilliant.

Yesterday after India won the match, I had gone back to my books. Well studying wasn't much tough. Not for me at least.

I caught the bus to my school, and reached there much early. I escaped my friends. For all I know they would bug me about the match yesterday. They know I wont miss the match at any cost--even if I was in my death bed. I managed to reach my exam hall without being caught by them. I saw them rushing while there was about 30 seconds left for the exam to start.

The exam went well, and I was confident that I could keep my promise after all.

"Hey, Nats!" Ria was yelling behind me. I turned to see my best friend coming towards me with her boy friend Karan tagging along. Soon Rohan joined the gang with a glint in his eyes. Let me tell you something. He has had a huge crush on me since he was 15, but when I found out it was too late. For by that time I was already in love with Vihaan. But he was not ready to give up. At least not yet, but eventually he will have to, and I know that.

 "Hi!"

 "So tell me, girl, how was your exam?" She asked me.

"Went well, I guess. Hey I can see something in your eyes. Are you hiding something from me?" I asked . Well I could say this was something very much exciting for me.

"Maybe."

Because I could not handle it more, I went and caught her off guard. I was by now strangling her.

"Well, well! Leave me, Nats. I'll tell!"

 I left her, and she adjusted herself.

"Well, we are going some where this weekend. It's out of town, but you can also come."

"What is so exciting in that? You know I'm not interested in out of town outings. So count me out"

 "Well, I told you right that she won't be coming" This time it was Rohan who spoke.

 "Come on, Nats , hear me out completely," Ria popped

"Fine, continue," I said. Anyone could make out that I wasn't interested.

"Actually, we were talking about going and watching the last match of the series. We thought you might me interested. After all, VK is playing," Karan explained to me

"What? Count me in. I don't think mom will have a problem with that since she is the one who forces me to go. OMG! I'm excited, I'll get to watch VK"

 Excited, I went home to explain to mom that I wanted to go. She instantly agreed just because she knew Rohan and Ria were accompanying me. For one reason Ria had been my best friend since diapers. And because Rohan was the son on mom's best friend, Neena Aunty, she had full faith in them.   So even if she didn't have faith in me, that helped me. While I had never been interested in their many outings out of town before, this time around they nailed me at the head.

Finally, it was Friday. Time for me to leave. Looking at myself in front of my full length mirror, I was pleased at the way I was dressed. Nothing extra ordinary. Just a light shaded jeans which was paired with a dark green shirt.  Then I went to meet Ria, who was waiting for me.

We were to meet the guys directly at the airport.

"So are you excited?" Ria asked me on the way to the airport.

"Come on, Ria, what type of a question is that? Obviously I am. Else why would I be going?"

"Even I am."

"I know, girl. After all, you are getting to meet your brother-in-law."

"Oh, yeah, right!"  I noted the sarcasm.

So next thing I know is that I'm on a flight to meet the man of my dreams.

VIHAAN

I was back in the dressing room. My teammates were already in bed, but I had been practising hard. After all, this time I was in my hometown. My homeground. This time I wanted to prove something. While I couldn't do much here before, this I'll prove it.  This time I'll show my dad what I am.

"Hey, Vihaan, you still awake?" It was the voice of Rishab Singhania, my childhood friend, beside me.

"Nope, Yaar, I just came from practice"

"Thinking about tomorrow's match ? You could have called me if you wanted to talk" Now that's my friend. He can read me like an open book and vice versa. That's why we have been friends since childhood.

"Rish, there is nothing. You know I've always wanted to prove myself here and nothing more."

"Sure?" he asked, his voice full of concern.

"Yup, and I think I need too sleep now."

"Fine, Night."

"Night, buddy."