13

Dedicated to archie2525

VIHAAN

I reached the ground soon. I love Wankhede stadium. I’ve always had great matches here. As I was standing at the entrance looking at the stadium I heard someone clear his throat next to me and I turned to face Coach Shah.

Coach Shah had been my mentor. He was the one who discovered the real Vihaan Kapoor, the one who snatched the ball from me and handed over the bat instead. That was the biggest decision of my life and he took it for me. And today here I’m all because of this man. Today he is the coach of the national team.

“Vihaan, if I’m right you were thinking of your success here isn’t it?”

“Right sir” I said with a huge grin on my face.

“You know something, you’ve  always been my favourite and will always be”

“Really? I asked him even though I knew he was serious.

“Really” He confirmed.

“And I think  we now need to go in and start practising.” He said and started walking towards the pitch.

“Right”

“And yeah Vihaan I wanted you ask you something”

“What is it sir?”

“Did Rishabh tell you something?”

“Why sir? What happened?”

“Just asking”

“Yeah he wanted to tell me something so  asked me to come early too and  now see I’m late. “

“Actually he seemed a lot excited when he came in today, but he didn’t tell me anything. I guessed he might have been waiting for you to share something. And judging by the way he is looking at you now I think he is ready to kill, to be specific, ready to kill YOU”

I looked up and saw Rishabh glaring at me. I walked up to him and stood next to him.  He kept on glaring at me and didn’t say anything, so I started the conversation.

“Sorry, had to talk to coach”

He just nodded. I knew he would cool down a while later.

This time again I was right. He was looking at me all time during nets. For all I know, Rishabh is not someone who could be silent for a  long while and he cant ignore me for that long easily. After all  I’m his best friend.

By lunch he was next to me. The look he had on his face explained that he wanted me to start talking  to him. This time I complied because the mistake was mine.